Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Norinco 1911A1 Recoil Spring Weight

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Norinco 1911A1 Recoil Spring Weight

Hey Norcs, new to this whole Chinese 1911 thing! Have a 100% stock, pre ban/‘93, Norinco 1911A1 45acp. Shot it for the first time today, worse than expected though. I reload on the light side, 4.0grs Bullseye under 230gr plated RN. My Glock G21 spoils me, digests EVERYTHING in typical Glock fashion! The Norinco goes 100% with Factory Win 230gr HP, using the supplied Wilson 47D mags, peters out with my light reloads. Failures of every kind, feed, eject, last round destruction of brass rim, from being caught in the slide. Going down a couple pounds in recoil spring, what weight are you guys using, with the same situation? Thanks.

Posts liked by others
    Try a 12-pound spring.

Better yet, go to Brownells and buy a spring kit -- you can get a 5-spring kit with weights in 2-pound increments, for testing.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I just ordered both 12/13 lb springs from Wilson, couple of #47 mags also.

Posts liked by others
    Hmmm.....very interesting my Norinco feeds on everything including 230 gr fmj reloads (Williams - no longer in business), factory 230 gr FMJ, and a lot of hollow points never choked and the brass ejects with no dents recoil spring is 16#.

Posts liked by others
    Went through the gun today, put a little more tension on the extractor, was kind of loose when I tested it.

Posts liked by others
    Problem solved, was the extractor tension. Runs 100% with EVERYTHING I reload! More than I can say for ANY other 1911 I EVER owned! Should’ve bought one of these Norinco 1911A1’s when they were first imported!