Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Hello - new guy from Salem Oregon

Posts liked by others

Hello - new guy from Salem Oregon

Hello All,

This site was recommended to me as the place to go for 1911 info/help so here I am. From what I have seen so far I am going to like it here.

I have been shooting 1911's for awhile now and they are my favorite semi-auto handgun (along with my BHP). Never have worked on any though. But now my grandson and I are each going to build a 1911 and I figured we might have a question or two (or a bunch) along the line.

I am going to build a CCO. I have a carbon steel Officers frame and Commander slide from Fusion and a Kart Commander Barrel as my starting point. Mine will be in .45acp.
    My Grandson wants to build a railed 9mm lightweight Commander. He is just starting to look at parts.

We are really looking forward to doing this.

I look forward to participating in this site.

Norm

Posts liked by others
    Welcome, from Modesto, Ca. I've found helpful people and plenty of great info in this group. I hope you have an equally beneficial experience here!

Posts liked by others
    Welcome. There is excellent information found in https://forum.m1911.org/forumdisplay...mp-Refinishing and https://forum.m1911.org/forumdisplay...Sticky-Threads. Building is not a simple put the parts together exercise, so reading a lot of these articles is beneficial. Also, Brownells has a six part 1911 building series of instruction--check out their website. Also, they are an excellent source of tools and parts, although other companies are good also. Regarding your grandson's build, you might want to check out the https://www.caspianarms.com/ website. Excellent parts at a reasonable price. Have fun, and remember to keep enough money to buy ammo.

Posts liked by others
    MuyModesto thanks for the welcome. We originally hail from Concord CA and had relatives in the Modesto area. Good to hear from you.

danriverboy thanks for the links and the welcome. I bought the Kunhausen books and am starting my education. here is to a fun ride

Posts liked by others
    I suggest that you begin by reading this thread: https://forum.m1911.org/showthread.p...e-wrong-Fusion

Then examine your Fusion parts very carefully.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Welcome from Florida.

Posts liked by others
    hawk moon thatnk you for the link and the heads up.

nice to meet you ricepaddydaddy. My cousin just moved to Lake City Florida. Never been there ourselves. Maybe someday.