Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: American Classic II....

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

American Classic II....

There's a small pawn shop near us that does a brisk gun business. I started prowling their stock a year or so back. Been having an itch for a full size 1911 .45. Well a couple showed up this last week, a Ruger and a Metro ACII. I was not interested in the Ruger and was unfamiliar with the Metro. So off I went. Then yesterday it dawned on me that I should check it out and see what this Metro was all about. It didn't take long and I was off to town with all my mad money. Of course it was a used shooter and I'm always leery of such. They priced it at $399. After I checked it over and noticed some small scratches and holster wear on the slide, I asked the lady what the bottom dollar was she quoted me $389 out the door. I decided it was meant to come home with me. So it did. I did not tell her that I also noticed the feed ramp was polished, the trigger was very nice, and although it was dirty it was as tight as a new pistola. It has the Novak sights. I'm wondering what to do in the way of mags. It has only one, the ACT that it came with I guess. The ACT mag was a new one to me also. But I'm impressed with the quality of it. Put a good cleaning on it last night. There is little wear on the internals. I treated it well with Miltec1 after cleaning and this Metro is a sweet, smooth piece work. Now I just some range time........
    "Sometimes the wolfs are quite and the moon howls"

Posts liked by others
    Congratulations on a good find. My Metro ACII has been a very reliable workhorse. All of my mags, I have around 50, work fine in my Metro. My ACT mags are all good. I have a bunch of Checkmate GIs. Check out https://shop.1911parts.com/Check-Mat...45-7-S-CMF.htm

Posts liked by others
    Metro Arms seems to build a good pistol. Have you discovered our e-zine yet? If not, go to the Home Page site (www.m1911.org) and then click the link for the e-zine. Our reviewers have done a couple of American Classic models, if I recall correctly.

As for magazines, American Classics seem to be built pretty close to standard dimensions, so most good quality magazines should work. I'm partial to Check-Mate, and other members on this site have reported good results with Tripp Research magazines, and Wilson Combat 47D magazines.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Metro Arms 1911s are well built. I have a commander model and a full size. I find them accurate and reliable.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the replies!! The more I handle this ACII the more I'm impressed with it. The only thing I've found that bothers me is the thickness of the grips. It causes me to shift my hold when thumbing the safety. It may just take some getting used to. My old hands are not what they used to be. The Rheumatologist seems to think I've got psoriatic arthritis and it ain't no fun whatever it is. All those years I shot .357 and .44 wheel guns took their toll on the wrists as well. Anyway gives me an excuse to work on it a bit. Our weather is the pits, rain and more rain, and we need it but it sure makes it hard to go to the range...
    "Sometimes the wolfs are quite and the moon howls"

Posts liked by others
    My American Classic commander is a very reliable arm. A Tad shorter slide than a Colt 1991A1 Commander that I have as I discovered attempting to put a wilson Full length guide rod in it. The slide flats bluing on mine, while it does show machining marks, is nice compared to the normal parkerized finishes on most Phillipino mfg. brands. The Polished blue slide reminds me of the finishes that where common in the 70's and 80's for such Firearms.

Posts liked by others
    My ACII wore oout the MIM extractor quickly. I replaced it with a heat-treated 4340 (as opposed to 4140) alloy steel bar stock Ed Brown extractor and works excellently.