Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Value ?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Value ?

I have a Norinco 1911A1 Compact .
    I understand very few were brought into the USA before the ban .
    I wonder what it would be worth in todays market .
    It has been fired very little and looks 99% as new .

Posts liked by others
    I can't tell you the value. But, following a quick search for information, I found this old thread with some good information from 2008: https://forum.m1911.org/showthread.p...1911A1-Compact

HAHAHAHA. LOL After rereading the thread I see that you posted on it. So, it's old information for you.
    Last edited by danriverboy; 6th November 2018 at 08:49. Reason: more info found

Posts liked by others
    Ken - I read the other post, from 1908, that danriverboy referenced - in that post yoi said "If I were you, I would junk the buffer and fit an OS stop. You will be amazed at the difference in FELT RECOIL." - why would an OS stop (over-sized firing pin stop?) make a difference in felt recoil?

Posts liked by others
    The bottom edge of the FPS has a less tapered edge and is almost square and makes it harder to cock the hammer which then cuts down on recoil but allows full slide travel .

Search for a post by 1911 Tuner about this and he explains this much better than me and also tells how to fit the FPS.
    Last edited by Ken Grant; 7th November 2018 at 07:45.

Posts liked by others
    texas yankee,

here is a discussion of the oversized, flat bottomed FPS by 1911 Tuner from another website. https://rangehot.com/reduced-radius-...pin-stop-1911/
    You can purchase them from EGW gunworks. Tuner knows a whole lot more than I do about the 1911--my knowledge is a drop in the ocean. A lot of guys swear by them. But, I have fitted and used them in a Delta Elite and a couple of commander and officer style 1911 45's. Honestly, I think that I can tell a difference between them and a factory standard FPS, but I'm not sure that I can say that felt recoil is less. To know for sure about recoil, someone would have to change out the standard versus small radius FPS using the same pistol and not tell me which I'm using--a blinded study. And multiple trials with each configuration would be needed. Not worth the effort to me!

I take Tuner's word for it that reliability might be improved--read his article!

Rob

BTW All the articles on the rangehot site written by Tuner are excellent.
    Last edited by danriverboy; 7th November 2018 at 12:52.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks guys - I'll put those posts on my reading list.

Posts liked by others
    New guy with a Norc Commander, sooo anyone have any ideas what its worth? I got it in a trade about 8 years ago for a roughly $450 trade. Seen the fullsizes climbing in value and had me curious what mines worth.

Posts liked by others
    Not sure if its accurate or gunshop commando talk but I was quoted $372 so that sound right to anyone?

Posts liked by others
    I bought a full size model about 2 years ago at a LGS for $300 out the door. I thought it was a good deal.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by texas yankee View Post
    Thanks guys - I'll put those posts on my reading list.
    Just an FYI: My Wilson Tactical Carry came with a non-radiused FPS.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer