Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ?Source for P12 sear spring?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    Numrich shows a "Medium" length sear spring for single stack Para pistols. I have no idea what that is, but for $8.xx I took a chance and ordered one.
    Dang. You mean this one?
    https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1514640

I don't know how I missed it the first time. I guess it looked like a normal sear spring to me, from the picture -- and I thought 'Medium' referred to the trigger pull, because they also sell sear springs marked 'reduced trigger pull' (which look suspiciously like Colt sear springs). Excuses-excuses, I know.

Anyway, comparing the picture from this one (in the link above) to the one in danriverboy's picture, I think you have a winner..!
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    Yes, that's the one. Numrich has notified me that it has shipped, so I should know in a couple of days.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I'd be really interested in the size of the Numrich medium length sear spring. I have looked at the sources that Spyros mentioned plus others. It is hard to believe that these aren't available somewhere. But, maybe it's such a limited demand item that there is not enough demand for some company to make them. As previously mentioned, I don't need one now but I always try to keep one item such as this in reserve just in case I ever do need it. If Numrich doesn't have them, then I'll continue my search on eBay or GB and other sites.

Posts liked by others
    Hawkmoon

Posts liked by others
    Hawkmoon,
    Thank you for the information about the "Medium" length sear spring at Numrich. I ordered two and they are exactly the right length. I had looked at Numrich before, but I guess that I just didn't find them.

BTW, for all who might read this in the next few days, Numrich has a great deal on discontinued Gander Mountain rifle cases, product 1573750, for only $9.95, yes, 9.95. I guess that these would cost $35-40 new. I bought two and they are great for a Winchester Model 70 with Leupold 4-12X 40 and for Browning X-bolts with the same scopes. I'm probably going to order two more.

Rob

Posts liked by others
    And I just followed up and ordered two of the shorter springs that I believe will fit the Warthog. I don't have a Warthog, but I like Para-Ordnance pistols and I'd like to have one of each size, so you never can tell. I thought I should nab the spares while still available.
    Hawkmoon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12