Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Brian Bilby - ACP Got his 1911’s?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Brian Bilby - ACP Got his 1911’s?

I have posted very little here. Just wondering if any user here remember this Southern Michigan builder known for 10mm 1911’s and others

Just trying to keep his memory alive.

H

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    The name doesn't ring a bell, but my wife thinks I suffer from Altzheimer, so there!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    I had the pleasure of meeting Brian at his home many, many, years ago. Probably late 80's or early 90's. We discussed 1911s, the 10mm in particular. I was interested in a set of 10s with Gov't, Commander and Officer sized guns. He was, by all reports, one of the 'smiths that understood the 10mm 1911. Needless to say I wish I had pursued the build.

I have a few local friends that also knew Brian, all with very favorable memories. In Michigan the conversation about 1911/10mm often leads to mention of Brian.

I'm really sorry for his loss.

Jim

Posts liked by others
    Very cool Jim! Thank You for posting. I spent many times in his basement as I lived 20 miles away. What came out of his mouth was precious for sure.

I have a Full house Delta he did and a Pocket Rocket..... 10mm Caspian Commander slide Officers frame. Perfect

I also have what I believe was his last full house 1911. It’s a .45 built for a guy in Hawaii

Yup miss him............ Great memories

H

Posts liked by others
    H,

How cool! You are very fortunate, Brian was a quiet force in the community.

The Commander top / Officers bottom is my carry combo, a Super Stinger from Baer, but sure would be great to carry a Bilby 10 in the same configuration. Would never feel under gunned.

Jim