Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: OD ParaOrdnance followup

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

OD ParaOrdnance followup

I described my “new to me” Para Ordnance P13 a few weeks ago. I now have it tuned up to function 99.99% reliably. When the pistol arrived, it had a full length guide rod, which I’m not a fan of. Also, as I shot it more I became less impressed with the trigger pull, and it shot about 6 inches low at 15 yards.

Over the years I have accumulated a large number of parts, so the only thing that I had to buy was the Dawson Precision rear sight. This now provides a perfect POA/POI at 15 yards. And, I did a “poor man’s trigger job” as described by 1911Tuner found on this website using Colt small parts and an aftermarket commander style hammer.

It is quite accurate and is now one of the five carry type pistols that I trust. I have had 5 ParaOrdnance pistols—2 P14’s, 2 P13’s, and one P12. I regret that I have sold or traded one of the P14’s and the P12. ParaOrdnance at one time made really excellent pistols. My other P13 is also in the carry rotation—actually it’s in my truck almost fulltime.

Sometime I may replace the plastic MSH with a Smith and Alexander MSH. But right now I'm happy with it.

Slide parts
    Recoil spring plug—Nighthawk
    Recoil spring guide—Colt
    Extractor—kept original, required shaping lower hook
    Rear sight—Dawson Precision for ParaOrdnance pistols—excellent, now pistol shoots POI/POA at 15 yards

Receiver parts
    Slide stop—Wilson, some fitting/light filing required
    Thumb safety—Colt
    Disconnect & sear—Colt
    Hammer—?? Aftermarket, maybe Nowlin or C&S
    Sear spring and recoil spring—Wolff
    Likes (1) :
    Mark75H (5th October 2018)

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Good work!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Great report, but we will need a couple of 'before and after' shots..!
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    really ? all that and no photos...???
    cold on ice it's a Deadman's touch...

Posts liked by others
    You mentioned reshaping the extractor. Does your pistol have a standard 1911 extractor, or the Para-Ordnance Power Xtractor?
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Pictures and description of the pistol are included in the recent original post (18 August 2018). I'll see if I can't post follow-up pictures later, but they won't be much different from the original pictures.

Hawkmoon, it has the Power Xtractor. I still might get the EGW replacement extractor.
    Last edited by danriverboy; 8th October 2018 at 16:40.