Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

William B. Ruger Jr. passed away
Our most sincere condolences to his family and friends

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1911BKOW issues

Posts liked by others
    In addition to what can be learned here at 1911.org, I have found that the website " The Sight M1911-A1 " to be very helpful. If you click on the maintenance section, there are two great articles. The first is "1911 Reliability Secrets" by John Marshall and "Breaking in a New 1911 Pistol" by Syd. Also, I have found the shop manual "The Colt .45 Automatic" by Jerry Kuhnhausen to be very helpful. I think Hawkmoon is correct when he stated that your trigger may clean up after a 1,000 rounds or so, My trigger on my AO .45 PKZE was extremely tight until I shot a few hundred rounds thru it.
    Likes (1) :
    MuyModesto (11th September 2018)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by MuyModesto View Post
    The gunsmith also noticed the disconnector was moving during the trigger pull.
    If the disconnector is shifting during the trigger pull, one possible cause might be a sharp unfinished tip on the disconnector leaf on the sear spring.

Many types of roughness on parts will smooth themselves out over time. We call this "breaking in". Some other types worsen over time. Parts need to have some minimum preparation to wear properly.

I would check to see if the tip of the disconnector leaf has a proper chamfer on its tip, and that the disconnector ramp (spring contact surface) is undamaged.

-
    Likes (1) :
    MuyModesto (11th September 2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12