Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Slide, Barrel and lockup question (Apologies in advance)

Posts liked by others
    Regarding my last post #60 Please ignore as I am unable to edit that post.

The Slide stop hole is .200. The height gauge arrived this morning so I am pretty confident with this simple reading test. The slide stop to top of the rail is .436 and not .450 -.005 (per Receiver drawing Sheet 18).
    That accounts for my discrepancy. Plus, I think, my disconnector may need some adjustment as well as it will sit too proud.

I hope I got it finally right.

Posts liked by others
    So this is a 2011? That could be a different animal entirely spec-wise from a 1911.

Posts liked by others
    True. I am not at odds with the spec. I just now know what to expect.

At least, until I get the next part done. I 'm moving onto the Extractor and firing pin. Let's see what I find there. Heh-heh.

Posts liked by others
    Gadzooks!!!

After seeing that last image, I don't think there's any reason to believe any of the Ordnance specs for the M1911A1 would apply to that gun. And it would be a mistake to think they did and then try to get that gun to meet any of those published 1911 specs.

And all along I assumed it was some sort of 1911. You're in uncharted waters with this thing. Lotsa luck!
    When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind. [Lord Kelvin]

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by niemi24s View Post
    After seeing that last image, I don't think there's any reason to believe any of the Ordnance specs for the M1911A1 would apply to that gun.
    That's a bit harsh... the parts in this gun that definitely do NOT conform to the 1911 specs, are:

grips
    magazine
    magazine release
    trigger
    ejector roll pin (for some reason it's a tad larger in diameter, no idea why)
    mainspring housing
    mainspring housing pin
    frame (I nearly forgot that one)

Everything else ( ) is basic 1911. Well... except for the fact that nearly all of them have Wilson/Nowlin-spec ramped barrels.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567