Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Check-Mate Industries Introduction

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    Time out!

Respectfully, I think you have added to the confusion rather than eliminated it. GI pattern, flat followers are not the same thing as Devel style followers. The Devel follower is a double-layer, folded follower that is essentially the same as your patented Check-Mate follower, but without the front skirt. The followers that Chip McCormick uses (or used, I don't know if anything has changed since Wilson Combat bought out Chip McCormick) are Devel style followers -- and they, too, have a patent number stamped on them.

Just in steel followers, there are at least four types that I'm aware of:
    • The original, Browning-designed GI follower
    • The 8-round, GI-like follower with the short vertical leg
    • The Devel-style follower as used by Chip McCormick
    • The Check-Mate patented, "improved Devel-style" follower
    My apologies! I should have explained that more clearly. As we were discussing springs, our standard 7 round springs work with the GI and Devel style followers. We don't offer devel style but our standard 7rd springs are compatible with open front followers like the GI and devel.
    Last edited by CMI_Brandon; 17th August 2018 at 09:08.

Posts liked by others
    The CMC Power Mag Plus follower has a change in contour that is supposed to prevent it from tipping forward and hitting soft aluminum frame ramps without the need for a "bull nose." Sorry, I can't find a picture.

On the other hand, the Tripp Cobramag follower has a front lip akin to the "bull nose."
    http://www.trippresearchinc.com/follower/

Posts liked by others
    Here is a Check-mate .45 auto 10 round working flawlessly in my Springfield 1911. Thanks Brandon & put me down to beta test as you wish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B65...ature=youtu.be

Pretty sweet when something just works first time as you expect it to.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    On the other hand, the Tripp Cobramag follower has a front lip akin to the "bull nose."
    http://www.trippresearchinc.com/follower/
    That is Tripp's "flex" follower. I'm pretty sure CMI Brandon will confirm that is their follower Tripp is using.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    The CMC Power Mag Plus follower has a change in contour that is supposed to prevent it from tipping forward and hitting soft aluminum frame ramps without the need for a "bull nose." Sorry, I can't find a picture.
    In this thread

https://forum.m1911.org/showthread.p...the-difference

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by froggy47 View Post
    Here is a Check-mate .45 auto 10 round working flawlessly in my Springfield 1911. Thanks Brandon & put me down to beta test as you wish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B65...ature=youtu.be

Pretty sweet when something just works first time as you expect it to.

Haha glad we could help out. Awesome video, let me know if you ever need anything

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    That is Tripp's "flex" follower. I'm pretty sure CMI Brandon will confirm that is their follower Tripp is using.
    The most I can say on that is, our patented follower is always marked with patent #6,560,907

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by CMI_Brandon View Post
    The most I can say on that is, our patented follower is always marked with patent #6,560,907
    Yep, and I’ve seen that patent # on several of the “big name” OEM magazines followers.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer
    Likes (1) :
    CMI_Brandon (22nd August 2018)

Posts liked by others
    When I bought a M1991A1 Colt Commander it came with a standard 7 round magazine with the "C" vender code. I bought two more from Brownell's. These were some of the best magazines I've had, and now I know they were Check-Mate.

I had some older magazines with the Devel followers, one was an actual Devel magazine and the other a McCormick. When I decided to upgrade them I bought the anti-tip followers from Tripp. Other then being stainless and not coated they seemed to be the same as the CMI follower. As mentioned I then needed to replace the springs. I have since upgraded them again to the CMI coated followers, which I first experienced in a new Colt Defender, and the Patent #'s were the same.

For my .38 Super's I seem to have a bit of all of them Colt/Metalform, Metalform, Mec-Gar, Wilson Combat, and of course Check-Mate. They all seem to function quite well but I will admit that I am partial to Check-Mate.

FWIW: Some years back I placed an online order with Check-Mate and I had made a mistake in the order, or incorrect parts for what I ordered. The nice people at Check-Mate went out of their way to contact me, by phone and by email, to make sure that I had ordered correctly or had actually made a mistake. And yes I did, make a mistake that is, and they straightened it out for me, before filling the order. That's pretty good customer service IMO.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"
    "It seems to me that I have forgotten more than I remember"
    Likes (2) :
    CMI_Brandon (15th October 2018), Rick McC. (27th October 2018)

Posts liked by others
    Brandon,

Welcome to the forum. I also would be interested depending on what the product is. I shoot both 45 Auto and 38 Super Auto.

Wade

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast