Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Check-Mate Industries Introduction

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by dakota1911 View Post
    Welcome and it is great you take the time on the forums. I have used many Checkmate mags over the years, often coming with Colt pistols, and found them to be great.
    Glad to hear, please let me know if there is every anything you need!

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by myanof View Post
    Brandon, it's great to see you on the forum. I've used Checkmate hybrid magazines for years, and the only complaint I have is there seemed to be a period recently when I couldn't find your hybrid mags anywhere, including at Checkmate.

A quick question I have for you is are you finding popularity has changed a bit from hybrid feed lips to wadcutter lips in recent times? How is the popularity running from hybrid to wadcutter lips from full size to compact 45s? For example one of my 1911 manufacturers uses hybrid feed lips on their full-size 1911s and wadcutter on their compacts. Are you seeing this as a trend? Thanks
    The only thing I've heard is wadcutter may help in compact alloy framed guns, other than that the feed lips choice is totally dictated by the ammo you plan on running through it. We have dozens of SKU's with hybrid feed lips in stock if you need any!

Posts liked by others
    Does your CheckMate Patented Follower (CMF) require a special mag spring, different from a typical spring you could use with a GI style follower?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Does your CheckMate Patented Follower (CMF) require a special mag spring, different from a typical spring you could use with a GI style follower?
    Two different springs. Since the patented CMF follower has the front skirt the spring must be a tad skinnier to fit inside the legs of the follower rather than coming all the way to the front of the tube like a GI style which has an open front. Hope that makes sense!

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by CMI_Brandon View Post
    Two different springs. Since the patented CMF follower has the front skirt the spring must be a tad skinnier to fit inside the legs of the follower rather than coming all the way to the front of the tube like a GI style which has an open front. Hope that makes sense!
    It makes sense and I thought that was the case.

Is CheckMate the only source for these springs or are they available from spring manufactures such as Wolff and ISMI?

Are all the springs listed on your page for the CMF, with the exception of the one's identified as for the "CMI flat follower"?

http://www.checkmatemagazines.com/in...ngs&Itemid=298

Edit to add: Thanks for the help, and thanks for being on the forum.
    Last edited by JTQ; 14th August 2018 at 14:28.

Posts liked by others
    It makes sense and I thought that was the case.

Is CheckMate the only source for these springs or are they available from spring manufactures such as Wolff and ISMI?

Are all the springs listed on your page for the CMF, with the exception of the one's identified as for the "CMI flat follower"?

http://www.checkmatemagazines.com/in...ngs&Itemid=298

Edit to add: Thanks for the help, and thanks for being on the forum.
    As far as I know, we are the only source for the patented CMF follower compatible springs. With that being said, our older 7 round GI/Devel style follower is compatible with a variety of aftermarket springs including Wolff. Our springs are designed from the ground up for peak performance in our magazines so we hope there is no need for an "aftermarket" solution. If there is anything you're looking for with regards to spring performance, please let me know and I'll address it in our R&D meetings. Thanks!

Edit: As far as our website offerings, all the springs say in the description either "For use with GI style Flat follower** Not Compatible with CMI’s patented skirted followers" or "For Use with Patented CMI Follower only "

-Flat style is the GI/ Devel Style follower. CMI patented follower is the CMF follower. Hope that clears up some confusion!

-Another way to look at it is: the 6 round and 7 round "standard" springs are the standard GI springs. Any 7 round compact, 7 round "high performance", 8 round, 8 round extended and 10 round spring will all be the CMF patented follower compatible springs.

Likes (1) :
    Rick McC. (16th August 2018)

Last edited by CMI_Brandon; 15th August 2018 at 07:37. Reason: added spring info

Posts liked by others
    Hey Rick! good to see you here. Yeah, that's just a little goodie bag from CMI, they should be delivered tomorrow. Let me know how you like it haha
    I received it this past Tuesday; thanks for the SWAG!

If you’re in need of beta testers for 1911 related products, I own several 1911’s in both .45acp and 9mm.

Take care my friend,
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer
    Last edited by Rick McC.; 16th August 2018 at 22:10.

Posts liked by others
    As far as I know, we are the only source for the patented CMF follower compatible springs. With that being said, our older 7 round GI/Devel style follower is compatible with a variety of aftermarket springs including Wolff. Our springs are designed from the ground up for peak performance in our magazines so we hope there is no need for an "aftermarket" solution. If there is anything you're looking for with regards to spring performance, please let me know and I'll address it in our R&D meetings. Thanks!

Edit: As far as our website offerings, all the springs say in the description either "For use with GI style Flat follower** Not Compatible with CMI’s patented skirted followers" or "For Use with Patented CMI Follower only "

-Flat style is the GI/ Devel Style follower. CMI patented follower is the CMF follower. Hope that clears up some confusion!

-Another way to look at it is: the 6 round and 7 round "standard" springs are the standard GI springs. Any 7 round compact, 7 round "high performance", 8 round, 8 round extended and 10 round spring will all be the CMF patented follower compatible springs.
    Time out!

Respectfully, I think you have added to the confusion rather than eliminated it. GI pattern, flat followers are not the same thing as Devel style followers. The Devel follower is a double-layer, folded follower that is essentially the same as your patented Check-Mate follower, but without the front skirt. The followers that Chip McCormick uses (or used, I don't know if anything has changed since Wilson Combat bought out Chip McCormick) are Devel style followers -- and they, too, have a patent number stamped on them.

Just in steel followers, there are at least four types that I'm aware of:
    • The original, Browning-designed GI follower
    • The 8-round, GI-like follower with the short vertical leg
    • The Devel-style follower as used by Chip McCormick
    • The Check-Mate patented, "improved Devel-style" follower
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I know you're aware of at least three more...

- The Mec-GarACT-Mag/Novak/Wolff follower https://www.brownells.com/magazines/...%7cMake_3=1911
    - The Pachmayr round top follower https://www.brownells.com/magazines/...%7cMake_3=1911
    - Metalform round top (the $14.99 version in the small picture) https://www.brownells.com/magazines/...aspx?rrec=true

Posts liked by others
    I know you're aware of at least three more...

- The Mec-GarACT-Mag/Novak/Wolff follower https://www.brownells.com/magazines/...%7cMake_3=1911
    - The Pachmayr round top follower https://www.brownells.com/magazines/...%7cMake_3=1911
    - Metalform round top (the $14.99 version in the small picture) https://www.brownells.com/magazines/...aspx?rrec=true
    I was aware of the last two, but I had forgotten them. I was not aware of the first.

Thanks.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast