Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Baby Rock Range Report

Posts liked by others

Baby Rock Range Report

Finally saw the county fire ban was lifted, so yesterday I hit the range. The Baby Rock does rock! Fired 114 rounds without fail. 50 rounds of Federal AE, and Winchester along with 14 rounds of Ruger ARX. Wanted to shoot it more but it had to share the range time with my new R1S and a few others. Only issue was my thumb hit the slide-lock once and locked the slide back before the mag was empty. Being such a small pistol, I had to make a conscience effort to keep my thumb down and away from the stop. Unlike the full-size 1911, I couldn't rest my thumb on the safety without contacting the slide.

It's actually comfortable to grip and very pleasant to shoot for a blow-back .380. I was expecting so-so accuracy but was surprised with the tight groups. Picture is of the very first mags fired at 10(ish) yards, or my steps which could mean 9 or 11. You can see the POI is slightly high and left so I'll have to make a slightly taller sight, adjust my finger placement or drift the rear sight. Either way, I will give it a few hundred more rounds of different ammo before making any changes.

first14shots.jpg
    Likes (2) :
    GMW (22nd July 2018), Poohgyrr (16th July 2018)

Posts liked by others
    Made a .020" taller front sight to replace the previous stock height sight and drifted the rear to dial in the POI. Surpassed the 300 round mark with the BR this week. So far it's had 2 FTFeeds using WWB flat nose and 1 double feed using Federal AE. The DF was after a first shot firing 7+1.

314 rounds.jpg
    Likes (1) :
    Mark75H (25th July 2018)