Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Looking for Baby Rock after market parts

Posts liked by others

Looking for Baby Rock after market parts

I need a humped grip safety, sights and a new set of grips would be nice. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by GMW; 3rd July 2018 at 16:19.

Posts liked by others
    Grips are the only thing on your list that I've seen available and they are very limited, do an Ebay search. As for sights, I'm in the process of making a fiber optic front sight for mine. I eventually would have lost the factory front sight. The only thing holding it was red Loctite because the set screw threads weren't tapped all the way through the sight. The screw was tight but it wasn't close to touching the slide.

sight1.jpg sight3.jpg

Posts liked by others
    Good job on that front sight.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by GMW View Post
    Good job on that front sight.
    Thanks. Here's the almost finished sight next to the original. I had to order a 2-56 tap and some set screws to finish and install it. The finish is matte black powder-coat. I ordered red fiber optic but it looks more like hot pink, oh well, at least it's much easier to see. If I get more time, and there's some interest, I might make more to sell, but any others will be made from 7075 aluminum, not steel like this one.

FOSight2.jpg

Posts liked by others
    Give me a price and Iíll order one.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by GMW View Post
    Give me a price and I’ll order one.
    You'll be the first on the list when I make a few more. Probably looking at $35 which will include the hex wrench and a few inches of extra FO rod and shipping.
    Unfortunately it's that time of year again where I'm not at home much so it may be as far out as September. In the mean time you can make sure of the correct height you need as I've seen a few reviews of the BR having a POI a few inches high at 7 yards. This one is the same as stock so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's POI is right on because I haven't fired the pistol yet.

Posts liked by others
    Sounds fair to me. Let me know when you are ready to ship.

Posts liked by others
    Greetings GMW, I suspect the new Metro Arms Llama grip safety should fit, or like me you can fit two layers of skateboard tape sealed with epoxy to the bottom of the existing grip safety. Regards

Posts liked by others
    Thanks Skoda, my kind of mod...great idea!