Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations!

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Congratulations!

The "Gunsmithing, Troubleshooting & Refinishing" forum here appears to be wildly popular and successful! I see it averages about 6 new threads per month. Must be the warm and welcoming atmosphere. Keep it up

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Is this some kind of a joke?
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Is this some kind of a joke?
    Nope! Just my opinion.

Posts liked by others
    This forum has been here for so long that almost any question about any aspect of the 1911 pistol has been asked and answered numerous times. The "search" feature provides a window into those answers for anyone willing to use it. Did someone here hurt your feelings?
    "Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Posts liked by others
    Seems like sarcasm... maybe.

It does seem that traffic has slowed down to a remarkable degree at least from outward appearances. However that seems true of several forums in varying degrees. I’ve heard that forums are dying and facebook/instagram/pintrest and the like are replacing them. But then again I think tweet is something birds do.

Robert.
    NRA Endowment Life Member.
    The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts. - Edmund Burke 1777

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckRyder View Post
    Seems like sarcasm... maybe.

It does seem that traffic has slowed down to a remarkable degree at least from outward appearances. However that seems true of several forums in varying degrees. I’ve heard that forums are dying and facebook/instagram/pintrest and the like are replacing them. But then again I think tweet is something birds do.
    Book of Faces has to be a big part of it. I'm an active member of my state's largest 2A/RKBA organization, but when I go to their web site the "news" is typically two to four MONTHS out of date. I ask officers at the meetings, and the answer is "It's all on our Facebook page."

Like that's a reason/excuse for letting the web site languish. But they really don't seem to comprehend that there are people in this world who simply don't ... do ... Facebook. Until recently that has seemed more than a bit heretical, but recent revelations make it seem more like prescience than heresy. However, as I've been discussing with a couple of friends via e-mail (does anyone besides me still use e-mail?) the fact that millennials don't seem to see anything wrong with Facebook knowing more about them than their nearest relatives.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    " anyone besides me still use e-mail?"

Yup! Never have done Facebook, Twitter or any of those public site offerings. Was agin' it from the gitgo and still am. Don't use my real credit card numbers online either. I may get got but I'm not makin it easy for 'em!

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by VA-212 View Post

Yup! Never have done Facebook, Twitter or any of those public site offerings. Was agin' it from the gitgo and still am. Don't use my real credit card numbers online either. I may get got but I'm not makin it easy for 'em!
    Same here!
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VA-212

Same here!
    If you gentlemen use phony credit card numbers, how do you purchase anything?
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    "If you gentlemen use phony credit card numbers, how do you purchase anything?"

If one has a BOA Visa card and online access, there is a feature named "Shop Safe" that allows one to generate a different card number, expiration date and CVV number with a specific dollar value. It can be for one-time use or for periodic billngs such as subscription dues. Once that card number is billed by a specific merchant, no other entity can bill against it. Stops anyone from using one's card other than the intended merchant. Hackers and others get a useless card number. The billing (s) against the Shop Safe card number show up on one's statement as if the original card had been used. Takes about a minute to create a "fake" card and one can create as many as one desires at any time 24/7. A record of previously created cards and the billings is available online for reference. Unused cards can be canceled.

Only catch is that BOA is considering not allowing firearm credit card purchases.

Also, Libs are pressing for the elimination of cash - plastic only. Latest attempt to end run 2nd Amendment! One can have guns, just can't buy any! No cash, no credit cards, no debit cards. Guess we can still swap for 'em

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast