Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kimber 1911 in a pro carry or ultra carry in 9mm?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Kimber 1911 in a pro carry or ultra carry in 9mm?

Never owned a 9mm 1911. I have a Kimber Ultra Covert in 45acp. For those of you that own a Kimber pro or Ultra in 9mm, what are the benefits, pros and cons. Thanks.

Posts liked by others
    Brought one for my wife, love it. Carries 9+1, shoots soft, great sights. Very comparable to my Sig C3 in 45acp, and just as accurate. No feeding problems. I'd do it again!

Posts liked by others
    I know that this isn't the specific model that you are inquiring about, but I recently bought a 5 inch Kimber stainless target in 9 mm and I absolutely love it. Low recoil, quite accurate, and runs like a switch watch. I have been extremely impressed with the fit and finish.

Posts liked by others
    My 9MM pros are quite accurate, 100% reliable and a joy to shoot. I have had nothing but good luck with Kimber in nearly 30 yr of shooting them and see no downside to owning one.

Posts liked by others
    I just bought a stainless ProCarry II in 9mm to augment my Ruger Lightweight Commander in 9mm.

Posts liked by others
    I have a Kimber Pro Carry II in 9MM. I have run a little over 50 rounds of “range” ammo through it at an indoor range. Had several misfeeds, stove pipes, failure to lock back on last round, and several rounds ejected back into my face. Several comments here have indicated that it needs approximately 500 rounds for a break in. I haven’t given up on it yet, but hesitate to carry, think that I’ll carry my Kimber Ultra until I hit the magic number.

Posts liked by others
    LeeR1911- You say 'range ammo'. Invest in 250rds of Sellier/Bellot 124gr Ball, then try several boxes of your chosen carry ammo. My new ProCarry II 9mm is sprung significantly heavier than my Ruger Lightweight Commander 9mm. S&B ammo is NATO-spec, thus 'hotter' than 'range ammo'. It should break it in faster.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks, I will try that

Posts liked by others
    I have both the Pro Carry II in 9mm and 45. I like the extra capacity of the 9mm. Both are carried in an IWB leather holster.

The advances in 9mm ammunition makes it an easy choice for EDC. The fit, finish and performance of the Kimbers is way under rated.

Smiles,

Posts liked by others
    I too have a Pro Carry II (in .45), as well as an ultra carry in 9mm. My experience has shown that the Kimber mags are rather ****, lots of stovepipes or FTF problems. Once I switched over to Wilson mags, the problems went away. My wife even took a couple of Costa courses with the little Kimber and with the Wilson mags, she did not have a single FTF. I love to carry the smaller Kimber as well.
    Ron

...Semper Fidelis...
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast