Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Para P13-45?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

I know Apple sells a smart computer phone watch thing these days, but a regular wrist watch with an analog dial and leather band matches up perfectly with my Para. And both are proven classics, kind of like me!
    John from 1849 Sutter's Fort. Retired to Texas.
    Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
    "Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Poohgyrr View Post

And both are proven classics, kind of like me!
    We are not classics, we are ... vintage!!!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Likes (2) :
    Poohgyrr (4th December 2018), Ric4509 (10th May 2019)

Posts liked by others
    So, I am waiting for a stake tool and Trijicons. With the business rush during this Christmas season, these may not arrive for a while. And I am still deciding if I want to refinish the frame or use that money for another P13.

This pistol shoots and handles so well; I really like it.

https://forum.m1911.org/showthread.p...ky-front-sight
    "Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt

Posts liked by others
    FWIW, I bought two MecGar mags for the Para P14-45. I ran two mag loads through each, in this pistol, and they ran fine without any problems.

Posts liked by others

This pistol shoots and handles so well; I really like it.
    If you have been around here for awhile, you probably know that all Colt Commanders belong to John, and he just allows us to use them. The P13.45 is a Commander-length slide and barrel, but it's not a Colt and it's not a Commander. I long ago decided that I like the P13.45 as much as I like Colt Commanders, so I hereby decree that all Para P13.45s belong to me.

However, I will entrust that one to your custody until further notice.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Likes (1) :
    Poohgyrr (10th May 2019)

Posts liked by others
    LOL. I appreciate being able to retain custody! This continues to be a real favorite: carries well, accurate, nice recoil impulse. I plan to keep this forever, and bought a six mag pouch from Tuff Products, and another six mags to fill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    If you have been around here for awhile, you probably know that all Colt Commanders belong to John, and he just allows us to use them. The P13.45 is a Commander-length slide and barrel, but it's not a Colt and it's not a Commander. I long ago decided that I like the P13.45 as much as I like Colt Commanders, so I hereby decree that all Para P13.45s belong to me.

However, I will entrust that one to your custody until further notice.
    Last edited by Poohgyrr; 10th May 2019 at 07:45.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    . :::: Another potentially non-standard part is the magazine release. ::::
    And I like the Buck Scout, too! But don't store it in that sheath.
    Spyros, I wanted to say thank you for bringing the magazine release to my attention, that is another difference I had not noticed. It would be great to learn the history of this, but the original owner has passed, so I will simply enjoy how well it shoots. I really like this pistol.

And I usually have one of those BUCK’s on my belt! That model is just the right size and works well for me.

Posts liked by others
    Spyros, I wanted to say thank you for bringing the magazine release to my attention, that is another difference I had not noticed. It would be great to learn the history of this, but the original owner has passed, so I will simply enjoy how well it shoots. I really like this pistol.

And I usually have one of those BUCK’s on my belt! That model is just the right size and works well for me.
    You're very welcome. To be clear, your magazine release could be an original part that someone drilled and tapped for a button... but since some of those early Paras had a plastic mag release, it wasn't unheard of for people to swap it with something else -- with or without a tapped hole.

I have one of those Scouts too, but I made the mistake of buying it, putting it in its leather sheath and leaving it in a backpack for a year. Luckily it cleaned up OK, but I won't do that again.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter
    Likes (1) :
    Poohgyrr (30th July 2019)

Posts liked by others
    OK, I was using TinyPic to host my pics, but then they wanted to begin taking my ammo money and I’ve changed to another service. Then my TinyPic pictures disappeared.

Here is the picture of an early target that really grabbed my attention. 54 rounds from this P13 (two rounds from the holster drill at 15 yards) in my old hands early one morning, and some other .22 rounds higher up from a conversion kit on a plastic pistol. This simply remains a favorite.

Likes (1) :
    cosh (20th November 2019)

Last edited by Poohgyrr; 20th November 2019 at 05:26.

Posts liked by others
    That looks... useful! Distance?

Shame about the pictures. I'm going to have to go through mine and see if I can re-post them directly, because Photobucket is also doing its tricks (in a few different ways)...
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter
    Likes (1) :
    Poohgyrr (4th March 2021)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345