Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need your help with my Randall

Posts liked by others

Need your help with my Randall

Bought a Randall but it has no markings on the slide and has a serial # on the Frame RF02201C is this correct and why is the slide not marked and what model is the gun and could this number be broken down to date of manufacture?

Posts liked by others
    By "no markings on the slide", do you mean as far as a model name? Does it have "Randall" on the slide? Pics, please......

Posts liked by others
    The slide has no markings on either side it is plain however it has adjustable rear sight with round top slide but where the rear sight is mounted to the slide it looks as if it were milled for adjustable rear sight. The only markings on the gun is on the frame and the frame generally does not carry the model so that is some of my problem Iíll try and get pictures posted

Posts liked by others
    Sounds like you have a parts gun - possibly put together with Randall parts after the factory shut down, or else they bought someone else's slide and mounted it. ALL factory Randall's were marked.

Posts liked by others
    Both are real possibilities the serial number puts it as #66 of the run so I had hoped that it was just something special from the factory

Posts liked by others
    According to Blue Book, you have an early gun (or receiver), serial numbers started at 02000 and the RF------C came in about 2200.

You got feelthy peectures?

Posts liked by others
    With that my gun is possibly one of the first few that makes me hold out hope that it could have been manufactured using a non marked slide and that makes the cool factor even better but hey worst case is it had its slide replaced it is still something that I like and it still shoots which makes for fun times at the range.

Posts liked by others
    Afraid not.....someone swapped that slide. It's a shame - but you can likely find another slide if you look around.

Posts liked by others
    Well just my luck but still a great shooter and I will keep an eye open for a correct slide and thanks for all the feedback

Posts liked by others
    Yessir - they're sweet pistols! Enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast