Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Kimber Tac Mag 8 Round Spring

Posts liked by others

Kimber Tac Mag 8 Round Spring

I have an OEM question on Magazine Springs for Tac Mags. I called Kimber - they do not sell internal parts for their OEM Magazines nor could they answer any questions about manufacturers or suppliers.

I've tried 3 different manufacturers springs in my magazines. Every one reduces the capacity to 7 rounds. Its not that the spring is tight, the spring is completely compressed.

Anyone know what springs will work in Tac Mags and not reduce capacity?

I'd rather not cut the springs down if possible.

Buying new magazines is not an option at this point

I shoot a Classic Custom Stainless in USPSA.

Posts liked by others
    What three?
    Looking at the typical fuzzy Youtube, the Kimber follower looks a lot like the Checkmate "bull nose" follower and the Tripp Flexfollower. So their springs might work. Or the Wolff spring made for 8 round Colt and CMC Shooting Star, maybe the CMC "rocket wire" spring.

Posts liked by others
    Call or e-mail Check-Mate and ask if their 8-round spring works in Kimber Tac mags. I think they do. In fact, I believe Check-Mate manufactures Kimber's magazines.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Wolff, ISMI, CMC.

I did find some info that Check-Mate supplies magazines to Kimber. I've reached out to them - waiting for a reply. The followers in their website are very similar to the Tac Mag. The pictures of the spring on the website have the same amount of coils so hopefully.....

I didn't try the CMC Shooting Star. I have one somewhere in my 1911 box. I'll give that a try too.

Thanks Jim

Posts liked by others
    The only springs that will work correctly in Tac Mags is the Checkmate Industries 8-round spring for the bullnose follower. Or the Checkmate Industries 7-round spring for the bullnose follower. No other spring works correctly with the Checkmate follower.
    "Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Posts liked by others
    Here's the link to the correct spring:

http://www.checkmatemagazines.com/in...ing&Itemid=298
    "Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Posts liked by others
    Thanks 11B - springs on order.