Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .22 Magnum Rock Island

Posts liked by others

.22 Magnum Rock Island

Rumor has it that Armscor/RIA is now shipping their version of a 1911 variant in .22 magnum. I think it has been 3 to 4 years in the making. With all the delay in getting this product to market I hope it is equal to the RIA XT22/45. Since its introduction at one of the SHOT shows no one has seen one in the wild. Has anyone purchased one yet?

Posts liked by others
    John has been working overtime, trying to get an XT22 Magnum for review in the e-zine. Armscor had some at the SHOT Show for range day (and I think John shot one -- John?), but they aren't shipping them just yet. But they do have some, and they will be shipping "soon."

Y'all get in line -- I've been waiting for it for two years ...
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    No reported sightings yet. Bummer. There appears to be some interest in the RIA .22 magnum based on the number of views. I was kind of hoping Mr. Barnes would stop by and give us some information.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by vacuum View Post
    I was kind of hoping Mr. Barnes would stop by and give us some information.
    Who is Mr. Barnes?
    Hawkmoon

Posts liked by others
    Mr. Phillip Barnes is the Armscore/RIA Manager of Customer Service. My understanding is he monitors this forum to correct any errors or answer questions that may arise about the product line. (I believe he replaced Mr. Ivan Walcott, not sure about this part.) I would think Mr. Barnes would have the power to get M1911.ORG a test sample.

Posts liked by others
    No, Mr. Barnes does not have that power. Armscor test guns are distributed through an outside media relations/marketing company. John met with them at the SHOT Show and has done everything possible to get us in line for a test pistol as soon as they are available. We're on the case but there's an old saying: "You can't push a river."
    Hawkmoon

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by vacuum View Post
    Mr. Phillip Barnes is the Armscore/RIA Manager of Customer Service. My understanding is he monitors this forum to correct any errors or answer questions that may arise about the product line. (I believe he replaced Mr. Ivan Walcott, not sure about this part.) I would think Mr. Barnes would have the power to get M1911.ORG a test sample.
    Well, apparently we haven't made any errors or had any questions about the product line since we haven't had a post from an Armscor Rep since about 2011.
    "Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
    Likes (1) :
    vacuum (10th February 2018)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by 11 Bravo View Post
    Well, apparently we haven't made any errors or had any questions about the product line since we haven't had a post from an Armscor Rep since about 2011.
    Back in 2011 we had working understandings with many of the 1911 manufacturers that they would have someone monitoring our discussions and chiming in where appropriate. Unfortunately for us dinosaurs (referring to me, not necessarily to our more technologically-advanced members), "The times they are a' changing." Like most manufacturers, Armscor (Rock Island) seems to have pretty much abandoned Internet forums in favor of communicating directly on Facebook.

I'm not happy about it because for a number of reasons (both personal and professional) I don't participate in/on any of the "social media" platforms (no Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In, or any of that ilk), so those companies that have embraced those platforms and given up on more traditional venues for communication have effectively abandoned a segment of their target audience. I know I'm not in a majority, but I'm also certain that I am not the only person in the United States who declines to use these networks.

My reason is simple: More and more companies these days check out prospective employees and contractors by looking them up on social media. If I'm looking for a job or a consulting contract, I want to be judged on the basis of my work, not my private, personal opinions that have nothing to do with my profession. Rather than get into an argument over whether or not they have a right to demand all my social media links, it's easier just to say "I don't have any."
    Hawkmoon
    Likes (3) :
    11 Bravo (10th February 2018), slohunter (24th February 2018), vacuum (10th February 2018)

Posts liked by others
    Hawk,
    I too am against any "anti-social media" for your stated reasons.
    All it takes is one hater to ruin your image, and possibly your life.
    I am going to send an email to ARMSCOR upper management (Tauson) and ask them to quit trying to get all of
    us on the Anti-social media.
    Blackie
    Likes (1) :
    vacuum (10th February 2018)

Posts liked by others
    I'll bet all manufactures are monitoring many forums that they feel will give them a feel for what is occurring "out in the field". They are jut not making their presence known for what ever reason. I know this is true in the medical devices field. Yes trying to push everyone to the anti-social arenas. Lets face it when manufacturers are selling everything they are producing and have a 1 or 2 year backlog what necessity or incentive is there to make the demand for a product greater. Having been on both sides of the fence I can understand some of their thinking, but it is the companies that participate in the discussion of the their products even when dispensing information that is not what the users want to hear are the companies that enjoy a more loyal and forgiving customers. Old business methods went away with seam engines. It is not taught anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast