Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taper crimp die question

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawadc95 View Post
    Niemi,

I thought at at one time in this post I saw photo bucket instructions in a post from you?

Was it an illegal post or can it be reposted?

Been flu bitten for 3 weeks but aliving and moving slowly again.
    Please elaborate a bit - I'm not sure what you're asking.
    When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind. [Lord Kelvin]

Posts liked by others
    I thought I saw instructions on how to post pics using photobucket in this thread..they followed your request for a pic of the die.

I don’t think I imagined the post but I might have since it isn’t here.

Posts liked by others
    OK, now I see. Image posting instruction are in our FAQ section: https://forum.m1911.org/faq.php?faq=...ostingpictures
    When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind. [Lord Kelvin]

Posts liked by others
    However, Photobucket is no longer a viable host for photos, because since the middle of last year they stopped allowing what they cal "third party hosting" (which means posting a photo on Photobucket and linking to it from a forum) unless you buy a VERY expensive annual subscription. The same instructions work for linking to photos hosted on other sites, but you're on your own for choosing one because almost all of them have language in their terms of service that prohibit "third party hosting" (although they may call it something else).

Suggested reading: https://forum.m1911.org/showthread.p...Photos-Problem
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Last edited by Hawkmoon; 10th January 2018 at 18:35.

Posts liked by others
    While I did have some problems with not being able to post images here from my free Photobucket account last year, that problem for me seems to have gone away - somehow. The 3 images I posted in this thread were from my free Photobucket account. At least I can see them. But maybe my account is the only one PB failed to block? Or block again??

However, it looks like all the images I had posted in the past are still are blocked with the "Third Party Hosting" thing from Photobucket displayed in their place.

I just noticed there was supposed to be 2 images in Post #15. Here's the one that's now missing:

http://
    [Rats!!!]

Q: Can anybody else see the images posted in posts 8, 11 and 15?
    Last edited by niemi24s; 10th January 2018 at 19:30.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by niemi24s View Post
    Q: Can anybody else see the images posted in posts 8, 11 and 15?
    I can see them ... but I installed a patch that bypasses the Photobucket block. Not everyone has that patch, so the fact that I can see the images is inconclusive.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    My browser is patched, but the patch is... patchy. I can see the ones in 8 and 15, the one in 11 isn't there... and first time out I couldn't see the reposted picture in #25, but I see it now. Go figure.

EDITED to add:
    It occurred to me that Photobucket might be trying to make these patches ineffective. So I checked if there was a newer one. I found that the one I had was installed on this computer sometime last August. So I removed it, and installed another one, released last November. I can now see all pictures in the above mentioned posts. For now...
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter
    Last edited by Spyros; 11th January 2018 at 02:37.

Posts liked by others
    Now I can also see the one in Post #25. It's also back in Post #15! Last night, I couldn't. And I've got no patches installed. Maybe the only reason I can see them without patches (whatever those might be) is because I'm looking at them with the same PC they were filed in/from/whatever???

Posts liked by others
    I see nothing in post 25 pic wise.

I am just going to order a new die. All my other Hornady taper crimps are polished from use.

The 9mm has brass being burnished into it, vertical streaks and a horizontal ring of burnished brass in the area where the case mouth stops.

I need to correct an error, this is a Lyman die....not a Hornady.
    Last edited by Tawadc95; 11th January 2018 at 15:05.

Posts liked by others
    My Hornady taper crimp die arrived the other day and it is smooth as silk so I’m back in proper business.

Going to send the ill behaved Lyman in to have them take a look at it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast