Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: PC9610L18 TRP Longslide 10mm

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

PC9610L18 TRP Longslide 10mm

Has anyone had any experience with the TRP Longslide 10mm? I missed getting one at a gun show this morning, but the vendor said he can have one by next weekend.

Posts liked by others
    They just came out so im betting it will be a bit for there is to much experience

Posts liked by others
    It was released on Dec. 15, five days ago. The only reviews are going to be press people who got guns ahead of the official release. No one will have in depth history with the gun.

Posts liked by others
    I would think first there might be some online reviews but have not seen any yet.
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    This is the only one I have seen, and to be honest I am a little embarrassed to post the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sno-oZtT1WY

The v-logger here suggests that a standard 1911 isn't up to the 10mm. I guess someone should tell that to Colt, Dan Wesson, Coonan, Armscor, Wilson, Ruger, Para/Remington, Fusion, and probably several others.

He references the cracked Colt frames of the late 80's, which Colt remedied by removing metal from the frame.

And he says that Springfield didn't offer a 10mm. Guess the custom shop missed the memo since it has been a custom shop option for many years.

He also suggests that Springfield re-designed the frames on these 10mm TRP guns, but I can find no reference to that in their website literature. I would think they would make a huge deal of that on any TRP 10mm webpage or brochure if it were true.

But he does shoot the guns talk about them in action, so....for what it is worth.

Everything else I have seen has just been basic press release regurgitation. And, at $1800 it may be a bit before we see any reviews by mere mortals.

Posts liked by others
    Not locating a TRP Longslide for several months, this morning I found two TRP Operators available from different vendors at a gun show.
    After getting an offer I couldn't resist, one will getting it's break-in tomorrow afternoon. Disassembly for inspection, cleaning and lubrication showed it to have been well made.

Posts liked by others
    After several trips to the range, the TRP has performed as expected. I've used Remington UMC and Sig Sauer ammunition without problem for the first few hundred rounds.