Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington double-stacks versus Para double stacks ??

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Remington double-stacks versus Para double stacks ??

I read an American Rifleman article about Remington introducing a line of double-stack 1911s - https://www.americanrifleman.org/art..._campaign=1217 - I know that thr Remingtons are new, but would anyone have any thoughts about the fit \ finish \ quality \ reliability of the new Remington guns versus the Para guns? Thanks !

Posts liked by others
    They didn't "introduce" a line of double stack 1911s. They brought back a few of the ParaUSA models they discontinued a couple of years ago. It's too soon to know for certain, but my guess is that the Remingtons will be found to be inferior to the Paras.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Likes (2) :
    Bud White (25th December 2017), Mark75H (19th December 2017)

Posts liked by others
    Ok, I used the wrong word - instead of "introduced", I should have said something like Remington started selling double-stack 1911s like Para used to sell.

Posts liked by others
    I don't think there's anything wrong with the word you used. Does it really matter?

Posts liked by others
    One of the responders called me on the word introduced - I was just clarifying . . .

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by texas yankee View Post
    One of the responders called me on the word introduced - I was just clarifying . . .
    That would be me. As a quasi professional writer and editor, I have a tendency to react when I see words used that convey potentially the wrong impression. Words are the only medium of communication we have here in Internetland, so if we're all going to be on the same page it's important to use words that convey our thoughts as accurately as possible. "Introduce," in the context of manufactured products, means to bring out and show to the public for the first time. Since Remington bought ParaUSA and was making double stack 1911s previously, and since the "new" 1911s they're bringing out now are basically some of the same exact guns they were selling under the ParaUSA brand name, I don't think it's accurate to say that Remington has "introduced" a line of double stack 1911s. "Re-introduced" might work but, IMHO, "revived" would be a more accurate term.
    Hawkmoon
    Last edited by Hawkmoon; 23rd December 2017 at 07:55.

Posts liked by others
    It's still a bit early to say. They do list them on their website, so it's a matter of time before the public forms a view about them.

As a first impression, I'm a little disappointed that their range of models so far is a bit too... featured. They don't seem to offer a basic range of doublestack models... yet. The closest they come to such a model is this (and ironically, given the remark I just made, it's called 'Enhanced'):
    https://www.remington.com/handguns/m...d-double-stack

It is priced rather well, for a doublestack, especially since the finish is listed as 'PVD'.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    I have a Para Pro Custom & also a Rem R1 Ltd double stack, both 45s. The two are nearly identical: The rear sight on the Rem is inscribed 'Para Ord'. The mags are interchangeable but the Rem holds one additional round. The Rem ion bond finish is darker and richer feeling. The Rem has a decent out of the box trigger and has run well from the first to now about 400 rounds. The fit is tight enough but nowhere that of Dan Wesson, but then the Rem came in at slightly less than a grand before rebate.
    Last edited by MinkFeet; 31st December 2017 at 20:48. Reason: Typos

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by MinkFeet View Post
    I have a Para Pro Custom & also a Rem R1 Ltd double stack, both 45s. The two are nearly identical: The rear sight on the Rem is inscribed 'Para Ord'. The mags are interchangeable but the Rem holds one additional round. The Rem ion bond finish is darker and richer feeling. The Rem has a decent out of the box trigger and has run well from the first to now about 400 rounds. The fit is tight enough but nowhere that of Dan Wesson, but then the Rem came in at slightly less than a grand before rebate.
    Does the new Remington double stack use a Clark/Para ramped barrel, or a conventional 1911 barrel?
    Hawkmoon

Posts liked by others
    Ramped. Two additional minor differences: The Para came with a plastic trigger, the Rem is aluminum, & the Rem has an thick nushing. But overall, Remington didn't change much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast