Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Norinco ejector loose

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Norinco ejector loose

I keep running into things with this 9mm Norinco 1911 that I'm cleaning - I stripped it down completely, except for the plunger tube - I noticed the the ejector is loose - it moves up and down about 1\8th inch - so I knocked the pin out that holds in the ejector and the cut in the ejector "foot" looks OK - it's not elongated or anything like that, and the pin fits in pretty tightly, but the ejector still moves up and down. After a closer look, it seems like while the holes in the frame that accept the two "feet" from the ejector are correct relative to the ejector, they might be a bit off as far as the pin placement that's supposed to hold in the ejector - in other words, the pin isn't making a tight fit with the ejector foot - not so loose that it comes out, but not tight enough. Since I'm not gonna weld anything or re-drill any holes, I'm thinking I put the ejector back in with the pin as it is, and use some red Loctite to keep the ejector where it should be.

The gun will likely see only some light, occasional use at the range when it's done - that's about it.

Any alternate suggestions \ guidance ?? THANKS !!

Posts liked by others
    Ah, so, fine old world craftsmanship.

Loctite it. A lot of Springfield ejectors are held in only by glue and they do OK until somebody notices and gets offended.

Posts liked by others
    I figured that the ChiComs simply sent us guns designed to fail so when we had to defend ourselves when they invaded us, the guns wouldn't work - let's hope they don't know that we have locktite !!! THANKS!

Posts liked by others
    Why do anything? Where's the ejector going to go?
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Sure, but I just hate it when stuff like that isn't working as designed - it shouldn't pop up out of those holes - it could be worse - as my shooting buddy and I say, "it's a first world problem" !

Posts liked by others
    If the ejector is decent quaility metal and not MIM or cast, you can tun the ejector upside down and hammer the bottom of the foot.
    The foot will get wider. If you go too much you can sand the side of the pin with #320 sand paper to reduce the circumfernce.
    When you replace the Ejector in the gun use some green Loctite I belive the number is #262.
    It a Wicking formula , perfect for pins.
    Make sure the holes and the Ejector are degreased and dry, before the loctite.