Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Armscor Rock Island Armory Baby Rock Review discussion thread

Posts liked by others
    Here's a better pic of the new, properly made stop.
    newstop.jpg
    Likes (1) :
    markr6754 (21st August 2018)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by ozarkroots View Post
    I purchased the baby rock the last Wednesday of this March ( 2018) and have had to send it back to Rock Island because the trigger pull was over 11 lbs. On the positive side it was very nice in every other respect and I have no other complaints. Of course the way RIA responded to this problem is significant because my gunsmith called them about the problem and they said send it back we will send another one ( not defective of course ). No whine or crying just we will make it right. Anything made by man will have a problem sooner or later but their response was a huge positive to me. By the way I have the TCM .22/9mm also and it is real nice.
    I also bought my Baby Rock in late March. Iíd read so many articles and viewed as many videos as I could find. Then I began searching for one, only to discover that a local fund shop had one in stock. I bought it the same day. My initial shooting was trouble free, with a hard trigger pull that I tended to overlook. It was harder than Iíd expected, but right away I was having magazine problems, so the trigger pull was set aside for the moment. Long story...my magazine problem got worse and worse, till it seemed nothing fed reliably in any of my 4 mags. I had a trip coming up to Pahrump, NV, so I brought my Baby Rock with me, hoping to have Armscor check out the magazines. Instead, they checked out the firearm...and replaced it after 4 days. I havenít fired it yet, but the trigger pull is greatly improved. They advised that they tuned the gun and test fired it before turning it over to me. Sadly, my magazines have the same problem that I brought it in for, but Iím going to handle that myself. Still in Pahrump so I plan to get out to the desert to shoot before returning to Ohio.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    You won't find magazines for the Baby Rock at the corner pub, unfortunately. Fortunately, the Baby Rock magazines are made by Metalform, so they should be decent magazines.
    I was able to order new stainless mags from Cheaper than Dirt. They were a bit cheaper than Armscorís site, but the real savings was in shipping. These mags are 7 rounds with 6 witness holes. My original factory mag holds 8, with 7 witness holes, and my new factory mag...provided with my replacement Baby Rock holds 7, though it, too, has 7 witness holes. I havenít fired it yet, so I canít say whether it will loosen to accept 8 rounds in the future.

Posts liked by others
    My friend got his back from Armscor. We tested it and it was between 7 and 7 1/2 lbs. Better than the 11 lbs but still a little stiff in my mind He wasn't as impressed with the customer service as most are. But they did what they told him. They said the wouldn't reduce it below 7 and that is what they did.
    I wonder if you can order one with the pull weight in kgs?
    Curiously, while the website now shows 7 to 9 lbs. the kilogram pull weight has not changed. it is still listed 1.81 -2.72 kgs. That converts to about 3-6 lbs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234