Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colt Model O1911 WW1 Replica

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Colt Model O1911 WW1 Replica

Colt's original WW1 replica, the Model O1911, was a limited run of 4,000 pistols. When they decided to continue offering it, in order to respect those who had bought what was advertised as a limited production item, the finish was changed and it was re-designated as the Model O1918.

I was looking for one of the original O1911 models on the Internet recently, and it doesn't appear that anyone is selling them. Has anyone seen one offered for sale recently? Does anyone have any idea what I might expect to pay for one if I find one?
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I see them occasionally NIB at the DFW gun shows. Typically they are priced from $1500-$1800. I don't know what they may have actually sold for. They don't seem to stick around for too long.
    Likes (1) :
    Poohgyrr (26th February 2019)

Posts liked by others
    I found one on GunPoker with a 'buy now' price of 1899. No takers so far.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    By modifying my search criteria I found a few on Gunbroker. Prices were very high, descriptions were often inaccurate, and none had any bids.

So I wonder what they're really worth ...
    Hawkmoon

Posts liked by others
    I bought my O1911 ("blue") or WMK serial number gun in 2006 and it was a little under $1K from a LGS. In 2010 I bought one of the O1918s ("black") or WWI serial number pistols from the same LGS and it was a little over $1K. I remember Colt said they made a little over 4K of the O1911s and exactly 4K of the O1918s.

These days the prices being asked for these is often amazing. For a shooter there is also the ANVIIIs. I saw some of those new in gun stores for a little over $1K as late as last year. I think Colt made almost 8K of those.
    NRA Life Member
    Likes (2) :
    A34 (29th January 2019), Poohgyrr (26th February 2019)

Posts liked by others
    I don't think I paid much over $800-$900 for my original M1911. Original 1918 production, not "original replica" (an oxymoron if there ever was one!). I rarely shoot it but it does well.

-- Chuck

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by dakota1911 View Post
    I bought my O1911 ("blue") or WMK serial number gun in 2006 and it was a little under $1K from a LGS. In 2010 I bought one of the O1918s ("black") or WWI serial number pistols from the same LGS and it was a little over $1K. I remember Colt said they made a little over 4K of the O1911s and exactly 4K of the O1918s.
    The Model O1911 was the limited production model. I didn't think there was any limit on the Model O1918. In fact, weren't the ANVIIIs just a continuation of the O1918 run?
    Hawkmoon

Posts liked by others
    I thought the 01918's, one of which I bought back when they came out, were limited also. The ANVIII's had different rollmark.

Posts liked by others
    Wasn't there a recall on some of them?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by DNS View Post
    Wasn't there a recall on some of them?
    Yes. Some of the early models needed an upgraded thumb safety. Serial numbers affected were 4597WMK to 5414WMK (WWI Replica O1911) and 1001WWI to 3431WWI , WWI Replica (O1918). I sent 3 of them in and they were replaced and back in my hands in about 10 days.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2009/7/2/colt-recall/
    Likes (1) :
    Poohgyrr (26th February 2019)

Last edited by texagun; 15th July 2018 at 14:33.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast