Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: LDA Sear & Hammer Print.

Posts liked by others

LDA Sear & Hammer Print.

If anybody is looking for a drawing 4 the hammer and sear locations for an LDA, here you go.
    I put a lot of work into this since no one on any forum would help me out. This is for all of you out there that been told "just figure it out!" Well I did.
    PM me if you have any questions.Draw1 Hammer Sear Location.jpg

Posts liked by others
    If anybody out there is trying to make money on these or making fixtures and trying to charge people an arm and a leg, let me know.

Do not charge people for these prints or a fixture.
    If someone trys to charge, please PM me.

Thank you and your very welcome!

Posts liked by others
    Thank you.

I'll be interested to compare these dimensions against those for a single action 1911.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Be my guest.
    I have built 1911's also and I have a fixture and a few different prints were the numbers are different from each other.

For the LDA I have an actual print that does not have the hammer or sear #'s but all other measurements.
    I worked really hard with my buddy to create what I have now.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by andmancrex View Post
    Be my guest.
    I have built 1911's also and I have a fixture and a few different prints were the numbers are different from each other.
    Not surprising. I've been trying to reverse engineer the Officers ACP receiver. I've taken measurements from three different pistols (all Colts), and nothing agrees with respect to locating the hammer, sear, thumb safety, and MSH pin holes.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    The frames I'm referring to are LDA Officer's from Sarco. They don't have the MSH holes, Ejector holes, and the Hammer & Sear holes.