Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Problem logging in to e-zine

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Problem logging in to e-zine

So, for some reason, I can't log into the e-zine site.

I was reading the thread on why fire an M1911/M1911A1, and tried to view the jpg. I was told I needed to log in. The log-in didn't recognize my usual ID/Password. I can log in to the forums site, using the same ID/PW. But when I link to the e-zine site from the forums site M1911.org menu dropdown, I'm no longer logged in and can't view the jpg.

Does the e-zine site require a different log-in? Why doesn't my forums login ID and password work?

Posts liked by others
    The e-zine is a totally separate site, running under a different software license. The forum log-in doesn't work because the e-zine isn't part of the forum (in terms of not being a discussion area within the same copy of vBulletin that the forum discussion areas are running under).

That said, I don't think you're supposed to have to log in in order to be able to view the images. As far as I know, only the e-zine editors are allowed to log onto the e-zine site, and they only need to log on when they have to edit an article. It's currently around 04:00 a.m. in Greece -- John should be along in a few hours and he should be able to address that more knowledgeably.

Hmmm ...

You're right. I'm not logged in on the e-zine, and in that article I can't see the images in line with the text. I have to click each image to get it to display in a separate screen. Even more strange (or maybe not more) -- in Firefox the text displays as left-justified, but when I view that article using Internet Explorer 11 everything is center-justified.

John I think you need to tweak some settings for that article.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Indeed, you do not have (or can) log in, in the E-zine site, it is a read-only site where you can read our reviews.

The fact that you guys couldn't see the pictures was due to the way the author of the article incorporated the pictures in the article. I've fixed that, so you should be all set now.

Sorry for that, my mistake.

Coming to the center-justification issue, I am afraid you guys will have to wait for that, because I do not have a Windows machine to view the article with. So until my son is back from school, and gives me his Windows laptop, I can't do much. However, I have tried that page in Firefox, Chrome and Safari (in a Mac) and Firefox in Linux and everything works fine.

Hawkmoon, can you please tell me if other articles appear center-justified as well?
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    No rest for the weary. John has corrected both issues.

Thanks, Comandante.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Oh well.... (blushing)

John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Thanks John. Works like a charm now.

Posts liked by others
    The author who uploaded the pictures in an odd way was me. Sorry about that, I thought I'd found a workaround on an unrelated problem we then had (originating from the Photobucket situation that brewed over the summer, if you recall). Thanks to John who restored the Peace.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter