Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picked up an Old Les Baer PII . Oh so Happy!

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Picked up an Old Les Baer PII . Oh so Happy!

I found a nice old Baer PII made at the Hillsdale shop made in 1995. My 1st LB, and more accurate then I can shoot.
    1st owner put 3K rounds thru her, and I have about another 500 rounds shot. My shooting buddy whom I call the Human Ransom Rest (for good reason) first time shooting her, put three rounds in the same hole at 25 ft. Handed her back to me and joking said this gun is boring since it is so accurate. I do mean the same hole, not even a cluster. Working up some loads with 200Gr SWC with 231 and Titegroup powders. Seems that the 231 powder has accuracy edge so far.Oh so Happy!

Les Baer 2.jpgLes Baer 1.jpgLes Baer 3.jpgLes Baer 4.jpgLes Baer 5.jpg
    Likes (2) :
    MuyModesto (11th February 2019), Poohgyrr (26th February 2019)

Last edited by SoCal1911; 14th July 2018 at 00:58. Reason: Change

Posts liked by others
    I would hate for you to have to shoot that "boring" gun, so just send it to me. Nice looking, enjoy shooting it.

Posts liked by others
    Cool beans!
    Wait 'till to really smooths out at about 10k rounds.
    They just keep getting better.
    Jim

Posts liked by others
    Dave W-Good try,no chance of sending it to anyone! It would have to be pried from my cold dead hands (as Mr Heston said) before I would let her go. I am asking my wife to bury it with me when I go, along with my Python and my HK P7M8. But I doubt she will, she likes them all too much too. I did not say it was boring, my shooting buddy said that jokingly, I love an accurate pistol, nothing finer.

Jim 1855- From what I have read about Les Baers, this one is barely broken in, and it is smooth now, and it is hard for me to imagine it getting smoother. But I look forward to the day. The trigger is right at 4lbs, which is heavier that what I like, but it breaks very clean. My ideal trigger is 3lbs (non-carry), I might have to do something about that, I am sure it would not take much.

Thanks Guys !

Posts liked by others
    Congrats on a great pick up. My PII is about 4 years old and has had 20,000 rounds through it. Very accurate and still just as tight as after 1,000. Still have to tap out the bushing with the barrel.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member, GOA Member, MGO Member

Posts liked by others
    Congratulations on that. Baers are sweet and have a unique, special, feeling to themselves.
    John from 1849 Sutter's Fort. Retired to Texas.
    Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
    "Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt

Posts liked by others
    Very Nice Love my Baers

Posts liked by others
    Last year I found a nice one in hard chrome. A Hillsdale pistol which Baer said was made in 97. Lovely pistol.

NRA Life Member
    Likes (1) :
    Poohgyrr (26th February 2019)

Posts liked by others
    Should have mentioned that my 97 has a serial number of LB5xxx in case others are interested.
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    My Premier II is from 1995 also, mid 2300 serial number. It’s definitely been a great gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast