Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: TRS 2nd Gen

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

TRS 2nd Gen

Anyone seen this model yet? What do you think of the chrome lower with blue slide? I like it, but have not seen it.
    like the regular grips but don't like the ambi safeties. What do you all think?

Posts liked by others
    Personally, I don't like it, but that's just me. I'm generally not a fan of two-tones, nor of ambi-safeties. And it seems to be such a departure from the original TRS, and the design favored by Clint Smith that inspired it, that there's really nothing "TR" about it. It's really more of a "Boss II," except for the TR logos.

My 2¢ only.
    Read The Patriot It's Right -- It's Free
    http://PatriotPost.US/subscribe/
    Veritas vos Liberabit

Posts liked by others
    I am w/ IANative. I have a 1st gen TRS and would not trade it for anything.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion
    All my 1911s are in .45ACP. Why? Because fewer of bigger is better than more of smaller. --Me
    Beware Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips from Clayton, NC. He is ripping-off everyone
    Likes (1) :
    IANative (4th November 2017)

Posts liked by others
    I agree about the original. And I also love the TRS Commanche- wish it was still in production. Would also like to see a TRS Stinger!
    Read The Patriot It's Right -- It's Free
    http://PatriotPost.US/subscribe/
    Veritas vos Liberabit

Posts liked by others
    I have one and am very happy wth it. Just finished the 400 break in rounds and then cleaned it. Like the full thickness grips instead of the thin grips. Runs sweet.
    Maalox

Posts liked by others
    I dont see nothing wrong with it i have a blues TRS and a Hard Chrome TRS both with ambi safety course im a lefty so i have to have one still a basic fighting pistol like Clint wanted ..

Posts liked by others
    when was the first TRS made ,I just picked up one made in 2007

Posts liked by others
    I have a 1st Gen and love it. If you can find either Gen, pick it up, as Baer no longer builds them. Now former TRS's wear the Gunsite Raven.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion
    All my 1911s are in .45ACP. Why? Because fewer of bigger is better than more of smaller. --Me
    Beware Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips from Clayton, NC. He is ripping-off everyone