Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Para LDA Hammer and Sear Location. HELP!

Posts liked by others
    Once you have verified proper functioning, it would be great for posterity if you would publish those dimensions.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    That was my original intentions. Of course, but theirs a reason why you can't find these on the internet. My guess is Patents since they are still kind of in business.

I really don't feel like getting sued, or maybe I'm over thinking it.
    I really, really want to share but I don't think I can.
    I don't look forward to making $ with these, sh_t I would make a drill fixture for free for some one because that's what kind of guy I am.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    I am sure Ted's Szabo patents have now expired. What was the first year the LDA came out?
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    The LDA came out in either 2000 or 2001.

Whether or not the patents have expired, a patent only prevents second or third parties from making a profit from a first party's intellectual property. You can't sell copies of Ted Szabo's drawings (if they exist). I don't think a patent, if still in force, prevents you from sharing a sketch of an object and saying the distance from hole A to hole B is 'X,' and the distance from hole A to hole C is 'Y.'
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    You make a good point grasshopper.
    I made two drawing versions on SolidWorks, one has dimensions and the other has hole names with dimensions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12