Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: changes in RIA service?

Posts liked by others

changes in RIA service?

Hello All,

Has anyone noticed a big change in RIA service recently? I can remember
    they had a big presence here not too long ago. Now it seems the've lost
    a lot of what made them so great.

I just bought a new RIA pro series match (a little expensive) and had a few
    questions about it. The receptionist took the info and said someone would reply,
    but its not like it used to be. Arnel is not permitted to take calls, Ivan is gone.

Have they lost that personal contact that made them so great after Ivan left?
    I completely understand that companies cant disturb their techs for minor
    things, but one of RIA's claims to fame was approachability.

Posts liked by others
    You do realize Ivan has not posted on this forum since 2011? They still pay shipping both ways on warranty work and will gladly refund your money or replace a pistol you're not happy with. Pretty good deal in my book. The RIA CEO is very active on facebook, for anyone interested.
    "Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
    Last edited by 11 Bravo; 6th October 2017 at 15:49.

Posts liked by others
    The current contact person at Rock Island is Phillip Barnes. If you go to the forum index page, on the line for RIA there's a link to his e-mail address.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by 11 Bravo View Post
    You do realize Ivan has not posted on this forum since 2011? They still pay shipping both ways on warranty work and will gladly refund your money or replace a pistol you're not happy with. Pretty good deal in my book. The RIA CEO is very active on facebook, for anyone interested.
    11 Bravo,
    I have had several emails from Ivan and Ty and Shawn in the last couple of months.
    Why don't you send Ivan an email at ivan@armscor.net?
    Blackie

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPER.38 View Post
    11 Bravo,
    I have had several emails from Ivan and Ty and Shawn in the last couple of months.
    Why don't you send Ivan an email at ivan@armscor.net?
    Blackie
    Did you misunderstand my response to the OP? I have no need to contact Ivan or anyone else at RIA, but thanks anyway.
    "Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by 11 Bravo View Post
    Did you misunderstand my response to the OP? I have no need to contact Ivan or anyone else at RIA, but thanks anyway.
    11 Bravo,
    You are welcome, I did misunderstand, at my age it is called a "brain " :<)