Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: newsletter issues

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    So under Thunderbird the updated news letter looks the same. I copied the HTML out of the message and saved it as an HTML file. The HTML is fine. I'll look at it some more from my end. It sure seems like its a problem with Thunderbird. Just for giggles I'll see if I can send it back up and look at it through my ISP's web based mail.

BTW I looked at the the newsletter link with with Chrome under Linux and it is fine.

Posts liked by others
    So I tried running the email through my work email, but it looked the same. I'm assuming that it probably got mangled when I forwarded it from Thunderbird. But I did find this email format validater at https://tools.ietf.org/tools/msglint/ perhaps this will give us some clues. When I run it on the message source it spit this out:

MIME Lint v1.04 2011-02-25 is a strict syntax validator for Internet messages
    including MIME, RFC 822, DSN (RFC 1891) and MDN (RFC 2298) elements which has
    be run on the attached message. The result follows:

-----------
    ERROR: unexpected character '-' found in header on line 1
    UNKNOWN: unknown header 'X-Account-Key' at line 2
    UNKNOWN: unknown header 'X-UIDL' at line 3
    UNKNOWN: unknown header 'X-Mozilla-Status' at line 4
    UNKNOWN: unknown header 'X-Mozilla-Status2' at line 5
    WARNING: line too long in header 'X-Mozilla-Keys:' at line 6
    UNKNOWN: unknown header 'X-Mozilla-Keys' at line 6
    ERROR: expected '<' and saw token 'apache' in header 'Return-Path' at line 7
    ERROR: missing tokens '>C' at end of header 'Return-Path' at line 7
    UNKNOWN: unknown header 'X-CAA-SPAM' at line 15
    UNKNOWN: unknown header 'X-Authority-Analysis' at lines 16-23
    UNKNOWN: unknown header 'X-Xfinity-Message-Heuristics' at line 24
    UNKNOWN: unknown header 'X-PHP-Originating-Script' at line 29
    ERROR: missing mandatory header 'date' lines 1-30
    OK: found default part text/plain line 32
    WARNING: line 46 too long (137 chars); text/plain shouldn't need folding (RFC
    2046-4.1.1)
    WARNING: line 47 too long (81 chars); text/plain shouldn't need folding (RFC
    2046-4.1.1)
    WARNING: line 49 too long (337 chars); text/plain shouldn't need folding (RFC
    2046-4.1.1)
    -----------

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Now, you mentioned another thing that might be impacting the look of the newsletter. The recipient email server. If memory serves me right, the first person that complained about this issue was a comcast customer. And your email is also with comcast. If you have another email address, send it to me via email, and I'll edit your records and send the newsletter to your new address, to see how it will come through.

As for the email format validator, since my email client shows the message as it is supposed to be shown, I do not have the html version of the email. I could generate it somehow, but I won't be 100% if it is what you received. Can you please copy it and email it to me?
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    John
    Both links worked for me. I was having troubles using both Firefox and Edge. It still seem to me that since it was only a few of us having problems that it was not a problem on your end. At any rate, did not mean to cause any angst.
    Greg
    ps - I am OLD enough to remember when if the majority were happy then the minority just had to grin and bear it - why these days it seems as if the entire world has to jump through hoops just to keep a very few happy (safe?).

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Warbirdnut, I have sent you a newsletter this morning to your other email address. Let me know how it shows.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by coalgeo View Post
    ps - I am OLD enough to remember when if the majority were happy then the minority just had to grin and bear it - why these days it seems as if the entire world has to jump through hoops just to keep a very few happy (safe?).
    Ain't that true!!!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12