Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Selling Glocks off and buying 1911s,

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Selling Glocks off and buying 1911s,

I am converting from the Glock to the 1911 model. The 1911 model has the optimum grip angle, the best stopping power, and the widest selection/most affordable selection of accessories. The final convincing argument came from these early 1900 books about the then-new type pistols:

https://bookspublicdomain.com/Shooti...er-Winans.html
    and
    https://bookspublicdomain.com/Shooti...er-Winans.html

From my profile:
    LocationWesley Chapel, FL USABiography25 year US Navy and Reserves veteran.
    Vietnam and Operation Enduring Freedom veteran.
    30 year retired public school English teacher.
    Ex-Glock, 100% 1911 model enthusiast.InterestsBullseye/Precision Pistol Shooting

Thanks, Wes
    Likes (3) :
    Mister Coffee (7th October 2017), ncviking (25th September 2017), Warbirdnut (10th October 2017)

Posts liked by others
    Welcome to the forum. I enjoy 1911's, they "fit". Enjoy shooting.

Posts liked by others
    Welcome to the club Wes!
    It's not the first time I've heard of this migration......I guess the change comes when you put something in your hands that is.....substantial.
    Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.
    Likes (1) :
    condition2 (6th October 2017)

Posts liked by others
    I foresee that I won't have time to accomplish anything useful for a few days. Those book look fascinating. Thanks for the links.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Likes (1) :
    Mister Coffee (7th October 2017)

Posts liked by others
    I have never owned a Glock and don't foresee that changing but I do like and enjoy the 1911's.

Posts liked by others
    Yessir, WELCOME, Wes!

Yeah--I have a few Glocks, BUT--when that 1911 of mine is in my mitts--MAN--FITS LIKE A GLOVE! It becomes "part" of you.

Not to mention stopping power (did I mention "stopping power?")

I reload the .45ACP and it's a dream--none of the fiddling around with tiny .380 Auto or 9mm cases.

.45ACP--a Man's Round!

Got me a SS Gold Cup, and about 4 or 5 GI issue type .45ACP. NONE have let me down. Had some smart aleck from the city trespassing my farm one deer season with his slug gun; words were exchanged, and this oaf pulls a snubbie .38 wheel gun on me with the quote: "Wanna make something of it??"

"Absolutely!" I said, whipping out my 1911. "You got 5 in the cylinder--BUT--I got 8 + 1 in my rig. Pokes better holes than yours to boot. 9 to 5 odds. Want to take 'em?"

The creep slinked off like the trash he was; THANK YOU, JOHN BROWNING, for "persuading" this miscreant.
    Likes (1) :
    condition2 (15th October 2017)

Posts liked by others
    Hi and welcome to our forum from Northern Italy.
    This is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to; I love firearms, in the last 39 years I've owned so many of them, from bolt-action rifles and GARANDs that I still shoot at the range to high end "slabsides", from vintage Lugers to SIG-SAUERs.
    As much as I love the heritage of the venerable "1911", the most iconic pistol of all times, if you want a Jack of all trades the SIG-SAUER P226 to me is a stellar pistol that runs like clockwork, especially the older ones made in West Germany.
    I was an avid collector of vintage firearms for years, until I realized that an ever-taller pile of unneeded guns made my life no happier, so at a certain time I decided to prune my collection and enjoy more the guns that I owned.
    After such a long time of guns-ownership and thousands of rounds of ammunition I have been reloading over the years I still love shooting at the range every single week.
    I hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Life is good, shoot safe.
    Originality can't be restored, so put "originality" at the top of a priority list. If JMB didn't put it on the 1911 you don't need it.

Posts liked by others
    I couldn’t give up my glocks, have 13 of them. But at the same time I have 16, 1911’s...

I shoot them both well and like them equally.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the links. I needed some new reading material!

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org