Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sr 10mm

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Most of the 10mm ammo you get at the corner store is going to be just a whisker above 45 ACP power levels, if any. Very true of Blazer, Federal and PMC. Doesn't surprise me that felt recoil was similar.

Get some Sig Elite, Buffalo Bore or Underwood 10mm ammo and then compare. It still isn't gonna vaporize large rocks and make grown men weep for the broken bones in their wrists. But it is noticeable.

Those Ruger "Delta" grips look sharp. I have been considering ditching the rubber grips for something more elegant. Might have to look into those.

Posts liked by others
    Actually sqlbullet this SR1911-10 is my forth 1911 in 10mm and was sort of an impulse buy. Below it is with its 10mm friends.

I buy 10mm ammo from all over. One reason I picked the rounds I did is it was sort of the same as an earlier test I did with my 1988 GCNM MkIV Series80 and 1990 Delta Gold Cup. Closer pistols in weight. Of course the Delta Gold Cup has the dual recoil springs with the Delrin? guide rod. These came with wrap around rubber grips but I replaced them with wood stocks from Altamont.

When we did the test/play I replaced the wood stocks with hard rubber grips that Colt makes. With these older and somewhat collectable 1911s I did not want to use really hot loads. Since the fun I talked about in the previous post I have shot the Ruger SR1911s with Buffalo Bore and the other "hot" loads plus my own hand loads which can be anything. I have also shot the 45ACP with 45Super and my own hot hand loads. Again the recoil or lack of on the SR1911-10 is interesting.
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12