Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIA Baby Rock 1911 gone missing?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

RIA Baby Rock 1911 gone missing?

Has anybody seen a Baby Rock 1911 lately? I have a friend that wants one.
    Or do I have a collectors item?
    Blackie

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPER.38 View Post
    Has anybody seen a Baby Rock 1911 lately? I have a friend that wants one.
    Or do I have a collectors item?
    Blackie
    I recently asked RIA about this they replied that they are producing them and were available through a list of providers they supplied. They weren't able to give me any estimate for a wait time if I were to order one so I passed on it. Sorry but I didn't keep the email and can't give you the list but contact them and I'm sure they'll provide it.
    Griffon Combat (Norinco Commander) .45
    RIA CS Tactical.45 - Daily Carry
    Springfield XDs .45 BiTone
    Step Moms S&W .38 Police Special (K Frame I think)
    Wifies LCR Crimson Trace.380

Posts liked by others
    Finally saw one at a gun show a couple of months back. Couldn't make myself spend $500 for it though. They are scarce.

Posts liked by others
    I found one on Armslist for $400 and bought it. You can see my story above. Probably a collectors item for a while

Posts liked by others
    An ok pistol but I sold mine. It is kind of like a 1911 but it is a blow back pistol. With the proceeds I bought this:

because it IS a 1911:

Likes (1) :
    Mark75H (9th December 2017)

Posts liked by others
    I picked up a RIA Officers Model not long ago in a Trade.
    I didn't like the grips, G10 I think.
    Overall I like The Little Rock, and carry it every so often.
    GOTTA CLEAN EM & KEEP ON SHOOTIN

Posts liked by others
    I had a local dealer watch for one and told him to get one when he could. Took him 3 or 4 months, but he did find one.
    I like it, carry and shoot it some. Shoots ok, functions fine, no problems so far.
    rayb

Posts liked by others
    rayb,
    Glad you found one. I am still looking for one for my granddaughter. She presently shoots her hubby"s P-95.
    I may end up giving her mine. I have shot several boxes through mine and love it. But, Grand Daughters come first.
    Blackie
    Likes (1) :
    silvertip47 (3rd June 2018)

Posts liked by others
    I spoke to one of the guys at the Armscor booth during the NRA convention about Baby Rock availability He said they are making about 500 of them a month. 350 of those apparently go to Lipsey's. He said the best way to get one is to order through a dealer who is an authorized Lipsey's distributor. But even he called it a "unicorn" right now.
    Likes (1) :
    Poohgyrr (26th May 2018)

Posts liked by others
    I started searching for my Baby Rock maybe a week before I actually bought it. I found a few listed on Gunbroker, but decided they were a bit farther than I was looking to travel, without engaging an FFL. So I checked the Armscor website dealers listing and saw a local gunshop listed them on their website, but showed out of stock. I sent an email asking to be notified when they were back in stock, and got an immediate response that their website was not real-time, they had one in the display case. I asked them to pull it, and bought it a few hours later. So I’d say from the time I actively sought to buy one...as in...”hey, can you get me a Baby Rock?” until I had it in hand was less than 3 hours. Lucky? Perhaps...as I also got it out the door for under $400. Then...I submitted a warranty claim for the second magazine shown and written up in all the articles and unboxing videos I’d read/seen, and though Armscor told me their guns ship with only one magazine, customer service provided a coupon for a free, shipping and tax included, magazine from their website.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast