Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: National Match Grips

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

National Match Grips

This is my first post on this forum and is likely to be one of the strangest questions you'll see here. I have a box of 10 LH National Match Wood Checker grips, FSN 1005-649-9272. My dad no doubt scrounged these from some armorer at some point in his career and they've just been sitting in my safe. He probably got them some time either in the late 50's or perhaps early 60's.

The gun I have was his and at some point he had it modified to National Match and has a pair of the wood grips on it and I have the original plastic grips in my storage box. The SN on the gun BTW is 13822! I just put 100 rounds through it this week and it's still a great gun.

So what in the world do you do with a box of TEN LH wooden grips????

Tom

Posts liked by others
    LH = Left Handed?

Posts liked by others
    10 count packages of RH grips also exist. You might chk the auction sites for some of those.

Posts liked by others
    I haven't found any, but if you know of a site where 10 count packages of RH are being offered, I'd sure like to know. I really have no interest in obtaining a box of 10 RH, but I'd sure like to see somebody who would like to find 10 LH!

Posts liked by others
    Most WWII era NOS USGI replacement grips I've seen were RH likely due to excessive holster wear to the RH grip. That might not apply to NM grips.