Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CS Rock "Compact Size" Trip to the range.

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Well found Grips US, they were the ones that made all the Mesquite Grips, but he retired.
    Found a pair of Faux Ivory, and another pair of wood grips with the Texas State Seal. Laser cut.
    Couldn't find the Faux Stag Grips I wanted, so these will have to do.
    Someone on here suggested sanding off the sharp corners from the grips that came with her.
    I hadn't thought of that, might give it a try.
    GOTTA CLEAN EM & KEEP ON SHOOTIN

Posts liked by others
    I got the faux Ivory grips, for the Little Rock, and they look good with the dark metal.
    I would have been back sooner but have been down for a couple of months.
    I had a Heart Attack, and then a Quadruple Bypass, so between the Hospital, and then a Rehab Unit, haven't been home too long.
    Dr said I couldn't be shooting for about two more weeks.
    I figured I could start back with 22cal and be allright. that was ok, so moved up to 9mm, and have to wait a little longer.
    I'll wait a while, Guess That's Why He Gets Paid The Big Buck's.
    I also ordered a pair of wood grips for The Little Rock, with The Texas State Seal, they look good too.
    I'm going to have to learn how to post pictures, to show the new grips to yall.
    Likes (1) :
    Poohgyrr (25th March 2018)

Posts liked by others
    I had heart surgery four years ago. Don't rush your body trying to get back to shooting. Give yourself time to heal.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Thanks Hawkmoon,
    I have to keep telling myself your not forty any more. Lol
    Just turned 69 a couple of days ago, and it takes a little longer to work back up to doing things.
    And I never will be doing the things I used to do. Just work out new ways to do things or new things to do.
    Figure I better work my way up to shooting slowly.
    Mainly just walking around the neighbor hood, to build up my wind.
    Likes (1) :
    Poohgyrr (6th April 2018)

Posts liked by others
    Well I guess I'm back as far as I'm going to get. I like the Grips with the Texas Seal. I trimmed out the inside to fit the Mag well, and it looks very good, and feels good too. Being an old Texan, I like them, and have got a lot of compliments on them too. I have fired enough rounds of all kinds, that she is now a carry pistol deluxe, she has not missed a round from the first one fired.

Posts liked by others
    Well congratulations on your Rock, and best on your recovery too.

My local store usually has a compac model on the shelf and I keep looking at them.... Handy size and it’s good to hear yours is doing well.
    John from 1849 Sutter's Fort. Retired to Texas.
    Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
    "Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt

Posts liked by others
    Thanks everyone, feeling a lot better all over.
    Got a new to me pistol. A Springfield Loaded In Stainless, Full Size.
    Now just have to find a Commander size.
    I want it to be SS also.
    Unless I run across another Black Stainless, That was a pretty Pistol.
    I also had at one time a Springfield SS with a Compact size Slide, and a Full size Grip. Interesting Pistol.
    May watch for the Commander size in a Rock.

Posts liked by others
    Well Guys The Little Rock is still doing just fine, like I expected Her to.
    She is without question in my Carry Rotation.
    I am one of those Strange Birds, that Like The 1911, and equally like Glocks also. I can shoot them both equally well.
    I also like Revolvers, and can shoot them too. I just Like Handguns.
    I have not ventured off into other brands very far.
    Right now The little Rock, a Springfield Full Size in Stainless, and an assortment of Glocks 9, 40, & 45 .
    That takes care of my small stable, but they are all fun to shoot, and I guess that's what counts.
    Likes (3) :
    Gruntshooter (12th June 2018), Minister1955 (16th July 2018), Ric4509 (5th June 2018)

Posts liked by others
    I guess it was a year or so that I picked up an EAA Witness, from Tangfolio, in 45ACP.
    That was an easy shooting 45, a thicker grip, double stack. And it was accurate too.
    I kept and enjoyed shooting it for a while, and my shooting partner loved it, That's how I got my Little Rock, a trade for the EAA.
    I like my Little Rock a lot better than the Witness. I would never had carried that pistol, just as heavy well more, because full it carried more rounds, that made it heaver than a 1911.
    Me and my Little Rock get along just fine, and I never feel under Gunned when carrying her. I know I can put rounds where I want with her. If I do my part, I Know she will do hers, better than me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12