Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: 1961 Hi-Power - box or leather 'case"

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

1961 Hi-Power - box or leather 'case"

I have a 1961-vintage Hi-Power and wondered if it originally would have come in one of the stamped Browning leather pistol cases?
    Greg

Posts liked by others
    Early commercial pistols from Browning USA were in vinyl cases and depending on the year were marked differently and interiors were different. Yours probably rates a case with white sheepskin (imitation) lining and the Browning name on the forward side of the case. If you have an FN marked pistol it would not come with a Browning case.
    Likes (1) :
    Mark75H (18th August 2017)

Posts liked by others
    Regardless of the correct case for yours, I would recommend the black leather zippered rugs with the Browning name in gold on the exterior and and the red cloth interior. They can be found but are fairly expensive.
    Like someone's grandpa used to say "I can sit here quietly and let everyone think I'm stupid, or I can say something and confirm it for them."
    Likes (1) :
    Mark75H (22nd August 2017)

Posts liked by others
    The black cases have a vinyl exterior and depending on year of production the Browning name is either printed in gold on the edge or on the flat front near the edge. As i indicated before the cases ( older pistols) had a sheepskin looking interior or a red cloth for newer production, the former can bring upwards of a hundred bucks and the latter around sixty -- plus or minus on both.