Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Photos Problem

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    It's now $100 -- per year -- which is still a lot of money to some people for the privilege of sharing a few photos on the Internet. The original demand was $400. A reasonable person might conclude that they lowered the ransom from $400 to $100 because they didn't get many takers at the higher number.

You still haven't explained what about this I don't understand.
    Hawk,
    I gave the code to John who said it was 0100 on 2-19-18 his time in Greece.

I am not sure where Terra is, but it is probably not here on the East Coast of the U.S.A.?

I would welcome a new media server:
    At this moment, I am working on creating our own media server, it shouldn't be long before I have it up and running.
    John has my codes, and I will pay a reasonable price for his new photo-server.

Nonetheless, I do not consider $100 per year (I pay less) for the opportunity to share pictures of our hobbies on the internet as an unfair fee.

I also know of a few other 1911 sites (one owned by a moderator here) that are also on the internet.

I'm just a regular guy member:
    Colt 1911, S&W revolvers, Winchester rifles

Posts liked by others
    To add to the discussion, I now you use Image Shack (https://imageshack.com/). I'm happy with them.

When Imagestation shut down, some of us went to Photobucket and some went to Image Shack. Image Shack does cost a couple bucks, but nothing like what Photobucket is demanding.

In the change, Photobucket lost a few of my pictures. Even were I willing to pay the ransom, I would not, simply for that reason. They are unethical.

Regards,

Josh

Edit:

This picture is hosted by Image Shack

Last edited by Joshua M. Smith; 3rd March 2018 at 22:15.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    That's exactly the point, their behaviour was unethical. You were not allowed to download your pictures, after they announced that silly measure for third-party hosting. Only one picture at a time, not entire albums. That's totally idiotic. Thank God for those programmers who came up with solutions.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    That's exactly the point, their behaviour was unethical. You were not allowed to download your pictures, after they announced that silly measure for third-party hosting. Only one picture at a time, not entire albums. That's totally idiotic. Thank God for those programmers who came up with solutions.
    The only problem to the "solution" those programmers came up with (and I do them them full marks for having figured it out) is that it works only for people who know about it and who have installed the necessary add-on to their browser. M1911.org has thousands and thousands of members, and an unknown number of people who check us out without registering. It's exceedingly unlikely that everyone knows about the hacks and has implemented them, which means that a percentage of our members are constsntly frustrated by an inability to see Photobucket-hosted images.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Very correct. Let alone the fact that these solutions are not available for all browsers. So a lot of our members who do not use a compatible browser, are still not able to see the pictures, or to download their pictures.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112