Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Photos Problem

Posts liked by others
    I just deleted my account. They went from 100,000,000 users down to 99,999,999 users and I saved $400.

Posts liked by others
    Same here. I will take great pleasure in watching Photobucket crash.
    I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!

Posts liked by others
    I installed the Chrome extension as suggested with no success. What is the latest recommendation for a replacement for Photobucket?

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Guys, I would never again trust a company which offers what PB was offering for free. Somehow, this destroyed my trust in "cloud services".

While you can always upload your pictures as attachments to our site, it is obviously not the same service as PB was offering. We are currently investigating a new service for our members, which will allow you to store your pictures in an M1911.ORG server, just like you did in PB, and use them on the net, for a nominal fee. But we are still far away from this service, so dont hold your breath.

Myanof, which extension are you talking about? The one allowing you to view the blocked pictures, or the one allowing you to download your albums? I've been using the second one for the last couple of days, and I've managed to download all my albums just fine. Be careful, you should not use the standard PB link to download your albums, there is another button, which you should use, as shown in the image below:

Screen Shot.jpg
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclenick View Post
    They do prohibit the use of IMGUR as a web site content host, but they allow Facebook and other social media postings (see where they claim the right to include any image posted in public media in their gallery), so the question is, do they see a BBS as a web site or as a form of social media? I should think it's like a Facebook page with a really big following. So, I just don't know.}
    What their terms of service actually say is:

... Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere ...
    That's exactly what you're doing when you link to stored images from this (or any) forum site. So it would be a violation of their terms of service, and they would be within their rights to terminate your account or block your images at any time.

That's the whole problem with "cloud" computing. Sure, it's very convenient when it works, but YOUR content is entirely at the mercy of whoever owns and controls the particular cloud YOUR content is stored on.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I too would not mid a small fee, but 400 is totally overboard. Though I seem to be limited as to how many pictures I can load, I've have been using TinyPics.com or attachments from my computer picture file.
    USAF, Retired, Life Mrb: NRA, DVA, VVA, VFW
    Then said He unto them, .... he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36

Posts liked by others
    The problem I have with Tinypic.com is that they are owned by Photobucket. I expect them to start charging, too, as soon as enough people migrate over from Photobucket.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    At one time tinypic uploads only remained available so long as the links were accessed periodically. After a certain amount of time a photo not accessed was deleted. I do not know whether that's still the case.

Posts liked by others
    I had both extensions loaded and working but now The one "allowing you to view the blocked pictures" has stopped working for me.

Posts liked by others
    I just chkd my pages saved with Chrome and they still work, so far.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast