Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos Problem

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    ButchA, I looked at imgur, but their terms of service also prohibit using a free account for third party hosting. Are you paying for your imgur account?
    No... I just checked imgur, created an account, uploaded a sample photo, and all was good. No problems at all that I know of, regardless of terms of service or not.

Posts liked by others
    Two impediments to an attempt to correct this by converting to attachments are that:

• The 24hr edit window appears to still be in effect.
    • There doesn't appear to be a very good way to search the tread for your post.

Robert.
    NRA Endowment Life Member.
    The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts. - Edmund Burke 1777

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclenick View Post
    The only thing I see in the TOS is that they prohibit content that promotes crime and violence, which I'm sure an anti-gun person would interpret to include firearm images, but the presence of a collection there on how WWII weapons work tells me they likely are not looking at it that way. They do prohibit the use of IMGUR as a web site content host, but they allow Facebook and other social media postings (see where they claim the right to include any image posted in public media in their gallery), so the question is, do they see a BBS as a web site or as a form of social media? I should think it's like a Facebook page with a really big following. So, I just don't know.}
    Terms of service: https://imgur.com/tos

Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Unclenick, posting permissions are forum-based. So in this forum, Site Announcements, you can not post attachments. But you are allowed to, where it makes sense, like the pistols forums, gunsmithing etc.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckRyder View Post
    Two impediments to an attempt to correct this by converting to attachments are that:

• The 24hr edit window appears to still be in effect.
    • There doesn't appear to be a very good way to search the tread for your post.
    I'll leave it up to John to decide what he wants to do about the edit window. As to finding your old posts with photos, I wondered about that so I did some experimenting. It seems the advanced search engine in vBulletin will accept wildcards. Here's how it works:

When you use Photobucket, all the photos you post are identified by your account, ending in a number for the specific photo. I just went into the Colt photos thread and I grabbed the URL for one of OD*'s photos (which, BTW, is blocked). The URL is:
    http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...11/O1911A1.jpg

To search for all of OD's photos, I need to replace the front and back ends with an asterisk, for a wildcard search. So I would enter in the keyword search window the following string:
    *i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb274/OD1911/*

That generated a 13-page list of threads in which OD* has at least one Photobucket image. To reduce that, I went to the top of the Advanced Search page and clicked the option box to search only for posts. That gave me a list only four pages in length.
    Hawkmoon
    Last edited by Hawkmoon; 17th July 2017 at 11:25.

Posts liked by others
    I guess I really don't understand the problem, because here is an image link directly from (free account) Photobucket taken just minutes ago.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by cottersay View Post
    I guess I really don't understand the problem, because here is an image link directly from (free account) Photobucket taken just minutes ago.
    Take a look through the Colt photo thread and you'll see what the problem is. You won't have to look at all 43 pages ... the first two or three pages will show you.

http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.ph...st-one-picture

Wherever you see this:

Attachment 3570

That's the problem. Those are supposed to be photos of pistols.
    Hawkmoon
    Likes (1) :
    cottersay (17th July 2017)

Posts liked by others
    It is so strange that they let me post, yet they are -- quite literally -- extorting everyone else.

Posts liked by others
    They just haven't gotten to you yet. Be patient ...
    Likes (1) :
    cottersay (17th July 2017)

Posts liked by others

Scumbags

On June 28, 2017, Photobucket changed its Terms of Use regarding free accounts and third party hosting (hosting on forums, eBay, etc). Only the most expensive plan, at $399.99 per year, now permits third party hosting and linking to forums, etc. Which effectively alienating a very large percentage of their users, whom only used Photobucket for third-party image hosting. Photobucket made this change with no input or consultation with their current users, or the public. Adding this to photobuckets use of excessive pop-up ads, scams, clickbait advertisements, and in some cases viruses embedded in ads, the number of active account quickly decreased. [11]

This new business model has caused thousands of forum DIY's and write-ups with explanatory pictures to be rendered useless. About 500 words into the linked document was a declaration that free accounts would no longer permit image-linking to third-party sites. Ebay and Etsy have also been affected, in addition to many forums and blogs. Thousands of images promoting goods sold on Amazon and other shopping sites have been removed after the photo-sharing service changed its terms. -Wikipedia
    Last edited by cottersay; 17th July 2017 at 13:36.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast