Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt Combat Commander-9mm Trigger

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Thanks, Don, always good to have options.

Posts liked by others
    Cylinder and Slide also makes the Series 80 parts nicely produced and coated with Titanium nitride I think. They are Gold in color. You can get those through Brownells also.
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    The series 80 parts on recent guns are high polished and doesn't seam to be a problem with the trigger pull.
    I like retaining the factory parts in the gun and just doing alittle cleaning up as per Tuners trigger job.
    This way if the courts or lawyers ask, you still have a factory trigger.

Posts liked by others
    Good point.

Posts liked by others
    This way if the courts or lawyers ask, you still have a factory trigger. So what if they ask? The pistol is not on trial. Shoot someone even in outright self defense and this is the least of your worries.

No reason to not have the series 80 firing pin interlock but a $3 plate will remove it from the system. No reason either to have a 9mm M1911 other than to save training costs for those 3-day courses. (I've fired several cases of 9mm thru my 9mm Government Model during training.) 9mm remains at best a marginal cartridge in other than perfect shot placement which is inversely proportional to the level of stress.

-- Chuck
    Last edited by Chuck S; 8th July 2017 at 10:50.

Posts liked by others
    My first 1911 was a Remington R1.
    Unfortunately it was right when the factory was closing down up nawth and moving to it's new home in Alabama.
    The pistol had some feed issues (that I could probably correct myself now) and I eventually traded it off.

It has a -80 trigger safety.
    By the time I was done with it it had the best trigger of any 1911 I've ever fired.
    Including some really high priced hardware.

There is no real reason to dislike the -80 set up (other than emotionally, perhaps) if is it cleaned up right.
    And it's not at all hard to do.
    Just takes patience and a bit of an anal attitude about perfection.

As for the 9mm 1911 question, I'm probably not the one to ask.
    I really love my Springfield Range Officer 9.
    It's had 4000 rounds through it and still as sweet and as accurate as when it was brand new.
    Last edited by cavelamb; 14th July 2017 at 01:06.

Posts liked by others
    I have 2 1911s with Series 80 triggers. One is a Colt GCNM manufactured in 2014 (before the reintroduced Series 70). And a para. The colt trigger is just fine. No issues. It breaks at about 4.5 lbs. I am satisfied with it for sure. The para trigger is about 5 lbs and has a little bit of take up but acceptable. Both my Wilson and DW are 70s. But, I am sure they put alot more effort into making those triggers incredible as they are. Both are at 4.25. Yes, there is a difference. But the Gold cup is not that far off and it has never been tuned. It just came that way out of the box.

Posts liked by others
    I have Springfields, Kimbers, and Wilson Combat 1911s. It's time I owned a Colt. From what I have learned, the trigger should be fine. If it's not, I think I know enough now to be able fix it. Thanks

Posts liked by others
    Three of my Colts are Series 80 and have nice trigger pulls.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Posts liked by others
    I have 3 80 series Colts, one in each caliber, all govt. models. Triggers are 5 lbs on all of them. I have NO problems with any of them. There is nothing that a little polishing wont fix, and if you like....just leave them alone. Its all good.
    "The great object is that every man be armed..."
    Patrick Henry, June 5, 1778

NRA Patron Life Member
    USCG Veteran

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12