Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is your opinion on the Cisco 1911 by Jesse James Firearms ?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I also think that Caspian once offered Damascus receivers. Not very long and probably not many.

The Caspian slides on Damasteel have a distinctive bold pattern.
    https://www.caspianarms.com/slides/g...slide-damascus

The gun shown by the OP is not at all like that, showing a finer more linear pattern. He may be getting his material elsewhere. Or it may be, as Greener put it "sham dam" with an etched pattern.

Posts liked by others
    I also don’t see anything on his website to support him doing all of that.

I can give props to craftsmanship even if I don’t like the finished product so i’d love to see the evidence that he’s building these parts himself.

If you believe the internet Jesse and his bride are worth quite a lot of money, I’m pretty sure he has the resources to get forged Damascus slides and receivers produced, I have my doubts he’s hammering them out in his shop like you see on “forged in fire”.

Apparently in my internet reading, the Cisco is the budget pistol, I’m guessing that a Damascus one would be significantly more.

BTW, I do seem to remember Caspian doing Damascus receivers as well, but they would not have been forged right?

Robert.
    NRA Endowment Life Member.
    The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts. - Edmund Burke 1777

Posts liked by others
    I am sure either Pine Tree Casting or Remsport or one of the couple of other companies that make slides and frames for 95% of the 1911 builders, will do modern pattern welding... faux Damascus or case coloring (either chemical or traditional) for a price. Big furnace and big tools are all that are needed, and wads of cash.

Posts liked by others

Posts liked by others

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Win View Post
    That's your proof? A Youtube video of him visiting other people's shops?

Respectfully, it is obvious that you are very impressed by something about this guy's claims, to the point that you seem to be a Jesse James fanboi. You don't seem to understand why other people are not impressed, and you don't seem to understand that a video of some dude watching another man make custom knives does not in any way constitute proof that Jesse James makes all the parts for his 1911s by hand in his own shop.

I'm done with this discussion. You asked for people's opinions. People responded that his guns are ugly and overpriced. You got what you asked for. End of discussion.

Posts liked by others
    The first video was about him crafting the Damascus frame and slide, he didn't use one from another manufacturer. I'm not some fan BOY, I can appreciate someone who can build something with skills acquired through experience. The second video I thought was cool, because it showed others doing a craft or using skills acquired through experience. I'm not bringing proof to the conversation as you would like, because I generally don't give a what you think, if you want solid yes or no go look it up yourself, but from what I've seen he makes a lot of his own parts. One good thing that came out this bull discussion is it's the most action I've seen around here so far. I wish you all had this much desire to tell me more about my Detonics. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers, not my intention. I just find it really cool that he made his own Damascus pistol, and I may be wrong on his other 1911's, but I thought I read somewhere he made those frames too, but I believe I'm wrong and he uses STI or anther company for them. Sorry. Forgive me please.

Posts liked by others
    The first video was about him crafting the Damascus frame and slide, he didn't use one from another manufacturer. I'm not some fan BOY, I can appreciate someone who can build something with skills acquired through experience. The second video I thought was cool, because it showed others doing a craft or using skills acquired through experience. I'm not bringing proof to the conversation as you would like, because I generally don't give a what you think, if you want solid yes or no go look it up yourself, but from what I've seen he makes a lot of his own parts. One good thing that came out this bull discussion is it's the most action I've seen around here so far. I wish you all had this much desire to tell me more about my Detonics. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers, not my intention. I just find it really cool that he made his own Damascus pistol, and I may be wrong on his other 1911's, but I thought I read somewhere he made those frames too, but I believe I'm wrong and he uses STI or anther company for them. Sorry. Forgive me please.
    All he did in the first video was hammer a heated piece of metal... did he form it into a slide? Not in the video. Did he form it into anything? Not in the video.
    Likes (1) :
    scattershot (23rd July 2017)

Posts liked by others
    There's more video's look for your self, he made the frame and slide. There's also a good audio book I ran across, pretty cool bio on him. Dude's a real American , seems to be very intelligent and makes some real smart business decisions.

Posts liked by others
    Okay, this thread is done.

J_Win, you started this discussion by asking for opinions. Every opinion in this discussion other than your own has been negative. You have made numerous unsubstantiated claims, apparently based on promotional Youtube videos that don't actually show Mr, James making anything other than a chunk of hot metal. When asked for evidence to support your claims, your response is, "There's [sic] more video's [sic] look for yourself." That's not how it works. You initiated the discussion, you made the claims, it is your responsibility to provide the proof of your claims.

This discussion is going nowhere. You asked for opinions, but apparently you only wanted opinions that agree with yours. Unfortunately, reality intervened. As you said in one of your early posts, they aren't for everyone.

Case closed.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Likes (1) :
    J_Win (18th July 2017)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123