Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your opinion on the Cisco 1911 by Jesse James Firearms ?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

What is your opinion on the Cisco 1911 by Jesse James Firearms ?

I'm not in the market for a high end 1911, but I have seen some up close. They all feel great in my hands, but $3k+ for a pistol is out of my range at the moment. But I was wondering what any of you thought of the Cisco 1911 by Jesse James Firearms. Dude has talent, the Damascus Cisco 1911 is sick.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posts liked by others
    The case harden 1911 also nice, the wooden boxes are a nice touch too.

Posts liked by others
    I kind of like this one personally

Posts liked by others
    I think the first two are monumentally ugly, and I wouldn't allow either in my house.

The third is okay, but if I won it in a raffle the first thing I would do is replace the grips with a nice set of Walnut double diamond grips.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Yeah, they're not for everybody that's for sure. The quality appears to be there, but the price is still a little to steep. But like with his motorcycles, he doesn't appear to have a problem selling them, crazy long waiting list.

But, to each his own.

Posts liked by others
    I do not like the oversize logo on the slide... The only thing I like is the squared trigger guard on one of the above pistols.

Posts liked by others
    unreliable overpriced JUNK.

Posts liked by others
    Not much love for the JJFU.com, LOL! It's a hand built firearm, and he gets praises from other master firearm builders. To call his work unreliable junk is a matter of opinion not fact. So much for to each his own. But I could agree a lot of custom 1911's can be categorized as overpriced.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Win View Post
    Not much love for the JJFU.com, LOL! It's a hand built firearm, and he gets praises from other master firearm builders. To call his work unreliable junk is a matter of opinion not fact.
    Praise from other firearms builders, "masters" or amateurs, is also opinion, not fact. I don't know anything about them except that (in my opinion) they are as ugly as sin, but if someone has encountered one or more of his pistols that is unreliable, then it's a fact that one or more of his pistols is unreliable. It happens with makers of CNC-produced pistols, and the fact his are hand-made only increases the odds of something being out of spec. And (again, IMHO) the fact that he seems to be obsessed with making his guns look different only increases the odds that minor things like function may rate lower on his list of priorities.

Please remember that you opened this discussion by asking for other people's opinions. Having done that, it's rather poor form to then take issue with the opinions you asked for. You don't have to agree with them, but if you didn't want honest opinions you perhaps should not have asked for them.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Last edited by Hawkmoon; 15th July 2017 at 08:21.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    Praise from other firearms builders, "masters" or amateurs, is also opinion, not fact. I don't know anything about them except that (in my opinion) they are as ugly as sin, but if someone has encountered one or more of his pistols that is unreliable, then it's a fact that one or more of his pistols is unreliable. It happens with makers of CNC-produced pistols, and the fact his are hand-made only increases the odds of something being out of spec. And (again, IMHO) the fact that he seems to be obsessed with making his guns look different only increases the odds that minor things like function may rate lower on his list of priorities.

Please remember that you opened this discussion by asking for other people's opinions. Having done that, it's rather poor form to then take issue with the opinions you asked for. You don't have to agree with them, but if you didn't want honest opinions you perhaps should not have asked for them.
    Where did I take issue? All I said was not much love for his work here, and to call his guns unreliable junk was a matter of opinion. My opinion is the guy is a master machinist who doesn't put looks over function. He's no cake decorator, if he builds something it's not going to be just for looks. Now he has a section of the custom gun market that he tailor makes firearms for high end customers. Dude can build anything with his hands in my opinion, like it or not he's a master machinist and fabricator. I got no problem giving props where they're due. But to each their own.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast