Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Browning 7/8 scale 1911 .380 Black Label

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Browning 7/8 scale 1911 .380 Black Label

I haven't been able to locate a forum or thread on this pistol. Does anyone have any experience with it?
    Griffon Combat (Norinco Commander) .45
    RIA CS Tactical.45 - Daily Carry
    Springfield XDs .45 BiTone
    Step Moms S&W .38 Police Special (K Frame I think)
    Wifies LCR Crimson Trace.380

Posts liked by others
    There will be a review in the next issue of the e-zine.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I have one. For the price I was not impressed with the fit and finish. Magazines had to be forced in with a slap; could not be pushed in with a finger or even a thumb. The plastic case it comes in has 2 places for mags, but the gun only comes with one and they are not inexpensive. The slide stop/release had no detent notch or angle on the lever and walked out causing the gun to occasionally jam. Recoil was dramatically more than I expected with a gun advertised or implied as locked action. Field stripping shows its not a locked action, but a delayed blowback. A Bersa Thunder .380 will have less recoil. I had hoped it would have less recoil than my blowback Erma Luger .380, but its definitely more. Like the 13/16 scale Erma Luger, it feels pretty small in the hand. Its small enough to be sort of a compact concealment .380, but there are many that are smaller and less expensive.

For concealed carry, buy something else.

For a cool little gun that looks like a 1911, get the .22 caliber version of it.
    Last edited by Mark75H; 2nd June 2017 at 18:33.

Posts liked by others
    http://ezine.m1911.org/showthread.ph...80-Black-Label

Forgot another criticism that I had corrected by modifying mine. dull black plastic sights; really hard to see. A little bit of Testors white and some red and that was remedied, but for the price, its a shortcoming.

Posts liked by others
    Does anyone have any experience with it?
    Unfortunately, yes.

In addition to the spot-on posts above, mine has proven to be unreliable.

Pity because it’s an otherwise fun gun to shoot and easy to be accurate with – except you can’t get through a magazine without a failure.
    Likes (1) :
    Mark75H (27th August 2017)

Posts liked by others
    I have one, shoots to the sights in the outdoors sunlight. The only stoppage was ammunition related, same remanufactured ammo also had issues in other 380's.
    Agree magazines are expensive. The shorter barreled version is almost the same size and configuration as the Colt 1903 32's, enough so that I use the same holsters for either when carrying outdoors. Fits my smaller hands well. Recoil is not a factor, for me, but arthritis may show up when I get past 80 soon.

rayb

Posts liked by others
    Just looking at those photos that thing looks.....off, a retaining pin to hold the the ambidextrous safety lever on? They should stick to what they know the Hi-Power

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by grayman View Post
    Just looking at those photos that thing looks.....off, a retaining pin to hold the the ambidextrous safety lever on? They should stick to what they know the Hi-Power
    The High Power is discontinued

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
    The High Power is discontinued
    I know, and I believe that's strike 2 for them I don't really want to see strike 3.