Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Para LDA Sear Hole Location?

Posts liked by others
    First fantastic detective work on finding the missing dimensions. I am very late to this discussion and have a question for the OP or anyone else that wants to chime in. How did you come up with the other hole locations? Having nothing to compare closely do the other hole, except the trigger pivot, match a 1911 print? I have built & assisted in building 1911's from 80% and 0% castings and understand the process, but a 80% LDA appears to be not possible without a couple of holding jigs and CNC equipment. I feel a challenge coming on but I may not have enough years left in me to complete it.

Posts liked by others
    How I got them isn't important.
    It's just knowing the right people. 😉
    Doing an 80% LDA frame is no different than doing a standard 1911.
    Slid cut, hammer and dear holes.
    On mine I had to do those ops and the ejector holes and the mainspring housing hole.
    Likes (1) :
    vacuum (9th February 2018)

Posts liked by others
    It's too bad an Officers ACP isn't a standard 1911. From what I know about the Officers ACP blueprint project mentioned in a post earlier in this thread, the only hole that's not standard is the hole for the mainspring housing pin -- and trying to reverse engineer that location must be about as frustrating as your effort to locate the sear pin hole on the LDA. I'm pretty certain I couldn't do it.

Posts liked by others
    I do not want to hijack this thread and and will stop with this question. I'm curious which officers ACP are we are discussing, current Colt production or the M15?
    To my knowledge there were only 1000 M15's ever manufactured.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by vacuum View Post
    I do not want to hijack this thread and and will stop with this question. I'm curious which officers ACP are we are discussing, current Colt production or the M15?
    To my knowledge there were only 1000 M15's ever manufactured.
    There was only one "Officers ACP," a commercial pistol produced by Colt beginning in 1985. It is not "current" production, because Colt dropped the Officers ACP in the late 1990s.

The hand-built "General Officers Model" (the M15) was not a commercial pistol and was never offered for sale on the commercial market. It was also never named the "Officers ACP." The M15s were built by modifying government-issue M1911A1s at Rock Island Arsenal. They were actually much closer to the Colt Combat Commander in configuration than to the Officers ACP.

http://www.militarymemorialmuseum.co...liber__45_5578
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Last edited by Hawkmoon; 7th January 2018 at 11:54.

Posts liked by others
    Here is the final drawing.
    Draw1 Para Labeled.jpg
    Likes (1) :
    vacuum (9th February 2018)

Posts liked by others
    Thank you andmancrex. Having reverse engineered a few items that were no longer available from the manufacturer I know how much you have invested in this drawing. A cup of coffee or bottle beer is due. With your information I may have enough life left in me to add another horse to the stable.

Posts liked by others
    You're very welcome.
    I'm sure you have more than enough time to have a couple more in a stable.
    It just takes time and knowledge in order to do the research I did.
    I understand why people never did it because most people don't have time.
    The things you you do while your family sleeps and taking time out of your lunches and breaks adds up. Lol!

Here's my update on my pistol, the fire control group works great. Hammer and sear works exactly like they're supposed to.
    The only thing I'm having trouble with right now is my recoil guide rod and binds after it fires and the slide stays open.
    The rod binds on The Recoil spring plug.
    Wilson Combat makes a recoil spring kit for an offier.
    I'm sure if I get that everything will be good to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12