Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Norinco 1911 .45 Pistols

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Bruce, I'm not really interested in the hard competition either, just fun type completion . I'm just out there to have fun and burn powder . Some folks I shoot cowboy action with are the very serious types. Which is ok for them (time & scores) if that is what they are out to accomplish but not me. I just like to hear the bang and metal ring with a piece of lead. The Norincos do that very well.
    I bought my two Norinco .45's in the early 90's. So I guess they would be considered "early". I sure wish the import ban on Norinco's could be lifted. I'd be standing in line to get some more of them. But the way things are today with China that is a very slim possibility. Big Coulee

Posts liked by others
    My Nork CSI Ont. CAimage.jpg
    Bruce
    Likes (1) :
    Sparky (31st March 2018)

Posts liked by others
    image.jpg upside down
    Bruce
    Likes (1) :
    Sparky (31st March 2018)

Posts liked by others
    A very good looking Norinco. I'm sure you do well with it.

Posts liked by others
    Thank you. Why did the pics come in upside down?

Posts liked by others
    This is generally caused by exif data, built into the .jpg file. When you took your pictures originally, your camera probably decided they needed to be oriented this way, then you rotated them the right way up, but the program you used to do so still left the original orientation data in place... it's a long story, but to fix it I either delete all Exif data using a program that can do it (I use Faststone, it's freeware) or, for windows users, you can copy the image and paste it into a blank MSPaint window, then save it. That will give you the same image, a bit more compressed, with no unwanted data in it.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    One of my cameras has an option for "auto orient" or something like that. The default was to have that enabled, and it drove me nuts because I don't take photos with the camera turned sideways. I finally spent some quality time going through the camera menus, found that option, and turned it off.

Good tip about Faststone. I used to have that, but I didn't have any use for it and when I upgraded to a new computer I didn't re-install it. Maybe I should -- I didn't know it allowed "cleansing" the exif data.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    Good tip about Faststone. I used to have that, but I didn't have any use for it and when I upgraded to a new computer I didn't re-install it. Maybe I should -- I didn't know it allowed "cleansing" the exif data.
    Open the picture file in Faststone, then from the top menu (if you have it enabled) go to 'Tools', then select 'Remove Jpeg Metadata'. That does it.

Faststone is a simple little program, intended mainly as a viewer but it has some nice tools, e.g. allowing batch converting/resizing files and even rotating pictures by any degree you like... quite handy.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    I bought mine as an oddity. Wound up being the best shooter of my 1911s.
    Just slap your favorite grips on that baby, and it's ready for anything.

Posts liked by others
    I have managed to find four of them in the last fifteen years or so. Three of them had what I would consider minor issues. Two had "generous" headspace tolerances. I replaced the factory barrels with nearly-new Colt barrels that I bought off of guys installing Nowlin match barrels in their Series 70 Reissues. Fixed that problem right away! Two had undersized firing pin retaining plates that were letting the extractor clock, causing the pistol to not go fully into battery every once in a while. Bought two EGW oversized stops and fitted those and adjusted extractor tension, and they all run like sewing machines now. I spent a little time and money getting them to run right, but I love the things! Any money that I had to put into them was more than offset by learning something about the 1911 that I didn't know before. They have taught me a little about how to troubleshoot a 1911 and how to fix the problem. I have owned Colts and Springfields as well as the four Norincos. I really like the Norincos the best. More than one Colt and Springfield I have owned have exhibited the same tendencies to fail to go into battery all the time, and I now realize I sold off several pistols that could have been fixed with a little research. My Norincos have taught me a lot.

Edited to add: The only gripe I have with the blued Norincos is the tendency of the Chinese to make the sides of the slide flat blue, and the top part shiny. I guess that is just a Chinese thing.
    Last edited by squid8286; 31st July 2017 at 18:08.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast