Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Norinco 1911 .45 Pistols

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Norinco 1911 .45 Pistols

Several folks mention the Norinco guns are not worth the money. Then others tell us there is nothing wrong with them, in fact the steel used in their construction is excellent and better than some of the steel used to build guns produced in the US and other countries. Who to believe ? I have two Norinco 45 1911 A1 pistols and have never had a problem with either. They shoot very close to point of aim at about 15 steps, their triggers are very light (approx. 3 pounds) with very little take up and they seem to digest any kind of bullet I feed them. I can't ask for any more than that for a plinking gun. Maybe my guns are better than most others I've read bad press about. I bought them about a year apart at different gun shows and paid $200 +/- for each new in the box. I still have the boxes . I wish they were still available. I check every gun show I attend but haven't seen one at any shows I've attended in the last 4 years .
    Attached are a couple pics of one of the Norinco pistols . If anyone cares to comment on them (good or bad) I'm willing to listen and reply to any and all comments. Thanks Big Coulee
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes (2) :
    imashooter (13th April 2017), Ric4509 (12th April 2017)

Posts liked by others
    There's nothing wrong with them, shoot them in good health!
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter
    Likes (1) :
    Ric4509 (12th April 2017)

Posts liked by others
    I'd piggy back Spyros I have one myself and it's a great shooter.

Posts liked by others
    I had one for a short time, and would love to have another.
    As for quality, there was a time when Wilson Combat, in the days when they were focused more on gunsmithing than manufacturing, would work on only Colts, Springfields, and Norincos.
    "A grip safety is just another excess moving part. I have never known one to prevent an accident, and moreover, it is difficult to postulate a circumstance in which it might." Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    My Norinco is in my top 3 favorites of my 1911s. Hope Trump makes Norincos "great again" in the U.S. Mine is "band-aided" with a Group Gripper and an EGW angled barrel bushing. Functions just fine and very accurate out to 20 meters (that's the longest distance I have fired it). Have considered having a new barrel fit to it but likely not.

Posts liked by others
    I had a second hand used and abused NORINCO and it was an excellent shooter, I stupidly ended up selling it only because I used to hate the "MADE IN CHINA" big rollmark on it.

Enjoy it, and shoot the heck out of it, there is nothing wrong with a NORINCO 1911A1.
    Originality can't be restored, so put "originality" at the top of a priority list. If JMB didn't put it on the 1911 you don't need it.

Posts liked by others
    The Norinco made in China is a well made 1911 and I enjoy shooting mine. Out of the box trigger pull on my two Norincos are the best I have on any of my 1911's. I have them for fun guns and not for show. Yes I do "shoot the heck out of it" Thanks for your comment colt45acp. Big Coulee
    Likes (1) :
    Ric4509 (16th April 2018)

Posts liked by others
    I have had several and sold or traded them. They were all good to go with a little polishing. I kept one and put all match parts in it. It shoots much better than ANY brand 45 I have ever shot. I will never give it up! I did put around $500 in it but it was worth it.
    Bruce

Posts liked by others
    Bruce, Glad to hear you enjoy your Norinco. Sounds like you are in competitive work with yours and are doing well with it. My Norincos are just plinking with friends pieces and fun guns. But if I ever decide to get into competition I'll most likely have a Norinco so modified. I do some side match "Cowboy Action Wild Bunch" shooting with mine but that only involves hitting a steel plate at about 15 yards. That really isn't completion, just making steel ring. Glad to hear you like the Norincos like I like the Norincos. Big Coulee

Posts liked by others
    I just enjoy shooting paper at our club. Not interested in competition. Just love to improve my weapons and shoot them. If you can get Norincos early weapons they are great. New ones are made in a hurry now and do not have the same care. That is my take only.
    Bruce

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast