Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Sr1911 vs Colt 1991?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Ruger Sr1911 vs Colt 1991?

For a government sized pistol which one of these are a better buy? Both run around $700 . Besides the grip saftey , what makes one better than the other?

Posts liked by others
    The Colt has a forged slide and a forged frame. I don't think the Ruger does. Plus, of course, a Colt is a Colt. For about the same price, I can't iamgine even considering not buying the Colt.

I don't understand the comment about the grip safety. Which are you suggesting is better, and why?
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I prefer a gi style grip safty and spur hammer but most consider it a draw back. I was curious more about the parts quality and what not, ive already got a 1991 but im looking at getting something in SS.

Posts liked by others
    Last I knew, Colt used fewer MIM parts than all except the expensive, "semi-custom" manufacturers.
    Hawkmoon

Posts liked by others
    Where did you find a new Colt 1991 for around $700? On the rare occasions I see one at my LGS's they are priced at almost a thousand bucks for the plain jane version. I'd snap up that $700 deal in a heartbeat
    "Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by 11 Bravo View Post
    Where did you find a new Colt 1991 for around $700? On the rare occasions I see one at my LGS's they are priced at almost a thousand bucks for the plain jane version. I'd snap up that $700 deal in a heartbeat
    You need to find a new gun shop. MSRP for the stainless 1991 is $879, and for the blued 1991 is only $799. Street prices, obviously, are less (sometimes significantly less). Any shop asking $1,000 for a 1991 is gouging.

http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Pistols/1991-Series
    Hawkmoon

Posts liked by others
    Indeed, I just got back from my local Academy Sports (usually far cheaper than gun shops) and the stainless 1991 is on sale at $999. The best price I can find locally on the blued version is $895.
    "Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Posts liked by others
    Buds has them for $738 , i ordered my blued one a month ago from them for $685 ..no complaints...there was one locally for $775 but it had been rode hard.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by 11 Bravo View Post
    Wow! I'm wondering where you live? $700 - $750 is the going price around the DFW area for a blued O1991, and they are plentiful at that price.

Posts liked by others
    I'm in Little Rock, Arkansas. Colts seem to be a rare breed around here and are offered at a premium price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast