Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Most reliable hollowpoints

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Never liked hydra-shoks because of the sharp edge around the hollow point - it seemed to be something that wanted to hang up - Gold Dots are not like that - HST
    is from what I can see in pics - Gold Dots seem to just wanna feed smoothly so that's what I go with.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    ???

But "BJHP" is the abbreviation for "Bonded Jacketed Hollow Point." If they are saying the Ultimate Defense uses the BJHP bullet, then it must be bonded. Since that's the direction the industry seems to be moving (because, of course, everyone always needs to shoot through laminated safety glass when they're in a self defense situation), it wouldn't surprise me.

I need to stock up on Golden Saber (the non-bonded variety) while I can still find it.

{Edit}Looking deeper into Remington's web site, one of their [well hidden] ballistic charts calls the bullet "BJHP" but another calls it "Brass Jacketed Hollow Point." So I still don't know if it's the bonded or non-bonded bullet. I'll try to reach someone at Remington to find out.
    I believe BJHP is "BRASS JACKETED HOLLOW POINT"

Posts liked by others
    I like the Hornady Critical Defense or the Critical Duty, they are both good and while they have the plug, they mushroom as a hollowpoint.

Posts liked by others
    I personally have had good luck with Hornady Critical Defense and the XTP bullet. I also like Remington Golden Sabers, but as noted, they are no longer available. As described, these were very close to ball ammo in profile, and worked in everything (almost.) If the new Remington Ultimate Defense is the same as the old Golden Sabers, I will have to get some. The Hornady XTP is a truncated cone bullet, so use with caution, but around here it is very popular and available. I even reload with these bullets because they work flawlessly and fly accurately.

Wade

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123